• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Muffled Bluetooth

JamesR913

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2019 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Cement
My wife keeps telling me when I talk to her on the truck Bluetooth it's very muffled and she can really only hear every other or every third word. Does anyone else have this issue

If I change it to speaker she can hear me fine and I can hear her Lima Charlie

Upvote 0
I have an Android based Google Pixel 3 and it's really clear. No issues hear. ? You see what I did there ??

Upvote 0
If I change it to speaker she can hear me fine and I can hear her Lima Charlie
Trying to remove your phone completely from Entune. Delete other devices that have also been connected. Update your phone and Entune software to the latest version if they're not. Then try it.

Also try closing all apps on your phone and try it, especially Spotify/whatever music app you have.

Upvote 0
Have to messed with the mic's sensitivity setting? I had this problem with my Galaxy S9 haven't had it since.

Upvote 0
Mic sensitivity on the phone or truck? Higher or lower?

The truck has a mic sensitivity setting. I would assume set it lower, but it's very easy to change either way once you've found the seeing and are on the phone with someone.

Upvote 0
My wife keeps telling me when I talk to her on the truck Bluetooth it's very muffled and she can really only hear every other or every third word. Does anyone else have this issue
I know this is an old post but I recently bought a 2023OR and had the same issue. The fix that worked for me was to turn the transmit volume all the way down and turn my iPhone volume half way down. Now everyone is telling me they can hear me fine on Bluetooth.

Upvote 0
Back