• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Mr. and Mrs. Nobody's Quicksand DCLB

Drivetrain:

Differential breather relocation
4 degree axle shims
Nitro 5.29's bought from @Battle Born Offroad and then installed by Brothers 4x4 in Montclair, CA on 10-24-19 @ 42,600 miles.

IMG_20180905_180649777.jpg
IMG_20180905_180910022.jpg
IMG_20180905_180931109.jpg
I don’t want this to sound dumb but what is the point of doing a breather relocation?

I don’t want this to sound dumb but what is the point of doing a breather relocation?

When you drive through cold water with a hot differential, the temperature difference can cause a rapid vain to form inside the axle that can suck water into the axle and damage your gears/differential. By moving the breather vent up higher you are trying to place the vacuum inlet higher so as to not draw in any water.

When you drive through cold water with a hot differential, the temperature difference can cause a rapid vain to form inside the axle that can suck water into the axle and damage your gears/differential. By moving the breather vent up higher you are trying to place the vacuum inlet higher so as to not draw in any water.
Do you know can you take it all the way to the air box post filter and still be effective?

Do you know can you take it all the way to the air box post filter and still be effective?
I doubt it. That is a long way to run it and I don't the vacuum would be enough to overdone the resistance at that distance.

Bump because we updated a bunch of stuff and added some links. Shameless plug, many are Amazon affiliate links. If you use them, you support us, so thank you.

i would love to take a guess at money spent. kind of like marbles in a jar. Truck is bad ass

I have all the records to add up and find out an answer, but I choose not to. I don't want to know 😂

I have a random question for you while you still have the truck ;)

How much space is there between the Drifter and the highest part of the roof? Looking at maybe sticking a full rack underneath the Hab, but I would literally have 1/2" of clearance between the rack and the topper. Looks like yours runs pretty close as well. Ever had any issues with it flexing and touching the topper?

I can’t figure out why your truck didn’t get sold the first day. It was build with well thought out quality equipment. Nothing was done half ass. All I can say is what the hell. It truly is a turn key overland rig.

I have a random question for you while you still have the truck ;)

How much space is there between the Drifter and the highest part of the roof? Looking at maybe sticking a full rack underneath the Hab, but I would literally have 1/2" of clearance between the rack and the topper. Looks like yours runs pretty close as well. Ever had any issues with it flexing and touching the topper?

There's enough room there that the camper doesn't contact the rack, but it has barely touched my Baja S1's on the side of the rack. The way they are set they are just a tad higher than the rack and on the very rarest of off-road scenarios they have touched. I'll see if I can get a picture. I'm at work and the truck is at home.

I can’t figure out why your truck didn’t get sold the first day. It was build with well thought out quality equipment. Nothing was done half ass. All I can say is what the hell. It truly is a turn key overland rig.

I appreciate the compliment. I'd like to think it's a well built truck worthy of a new home as well, but I can understand people's hesitancy when it comes to this large of a purchase. I do hope I find a buyer soon as I'm ready to move on and the sale process is pretty draining.

INTERIOR:
  • Screen ProTech Kit
  • The Taco Garage Dashtop Multi Mount
  • Me-So Customs Interior Chrome Delete Kit
  • Me-So Customs Vent Ring Kit
  • TRD Shift Knob
  • Solex Organizers in center console
  • Urpower Pet Seat Cover for rear seats
  • Blue Ridge Overland Gear Tacoma Attic
  • VW mat stays added to passenger factory mat
  • Full interior sound deadening by @jackofallyotas

edit4.jpg
Just ordered a DMM from Taco Garage, great guys and they support us veterans! Not sure exactly what phone mount I’m going with, the Hondo perfect squeeze looks more than adequate for my needs. How do you like it so far?

Just ordered a DMM from Taco Garage, great guys and they support us veterans! Not sure exactly what phone mount I’m going with, the Hondo perfect squeeze looks more than adequate for my needs. How do you like it so far?

It's legit. It's expensive, but it also does the job better than any mount I have ever seen. It's one of the few things I'm keeping to move over to the next truck.

Shot you a message about DMM stuffs. I have a bunch.

It's legit. It's expensive, but it also does the job better than any mount I have ever seen. It's one of the few things I'm keeping to move over to the next truck.

Sorry to thread jack. :)

Came back to reminisce, man I do miss this truck. :cry:

Paria-14.jpg

Back