• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Maximum payload

Drnick

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
What is the max payload for a 2021 taco access cab ,two wheel drive, with the v6.

Thx, I’m 1” from the bump stops 😱
I read in the owner’s manual, for my specific
Truck it’s 1400 lbs.

That payload includes fuel and passengers. And it must assume you'll be on the bump stops because you'll hit the bump stops long before you hit 1400#.

A conservative estimate for your truck from the factory can be found on your driver door sticker.

I don't recommend it but sometimes you just do what you have to do. Yesterday I drove about a little over an our to pick up some retaining wall blocks that I wife had bought from somebody on Facebook. She thought there were about 56 of them. They weight 22.5 lbs. each so that would have been 1260 lbs. I figured that would max out my '18 TRD off-road but figured I would do it anyway. When I got there, there were about 90 blocks instead of 56. I started loading them up. I managed to get them all on the truck but needless to say, it was a bit weighted down. I had about 2,000 lbs on it. So I headed home. It was really sagged in the rear but I never felt it hit the stops. Power was no issue but it was WAY light on the front end. Still, I manage to drive about 55 MPH once I got used to it and made it home fine. Got them unloaded and everything seems fine. Don't know that I would do it again though.

I don't recommend it but sometimes you just do what you have to do. Yesterday I drove about a little over an our to pick up some retaining wall blocks that I wife had bought from somebody on Facebook. She thought there were about 56 of them. They weight 22.5 lbs. each so that would have been 1260 lbs. I figured that would max out my '18 TRD off-road but figured I would do it anyway. When I got there, there were about 90 blocks instead of 56. I started loading them up. I managed to get them all on the truck but needless to say, it was a bit weighted down. I had about 2,000 lbs on it. So I headed home. It was really sagged in the rear but I never felt it hit the stops. Power was no issue but it was WAY light on the front end. Still, I manage to drive about 55 MPH once I got used to it and made it home fine. Got them unloaded and everything seems fine. Don't know that I would do it again though.
It was probably on the stops the whole time and flexing the tires. I say that because my tacoma with just a topper on it is on the stops most of the time.

-M

The specs on my Taco with the I4 engine is 1526 lbs. But I heard one Youtuber say that the payload capacity of the bed is 990 lbs. I'm still trying to verify that myself.

Back