• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Lord Humongous's Tow-coma

Nowhere to put this so just leaned it next to that expedition series snowmaster.......first world problems.
20191206_130459.jpg
Exciting! You throw it on yet?

Not yet but opened it up on the garage floor. I'm gonna start putting together a simple trailer after Christmas and will mount it to that.

Mother Fu@#ing rattle under my seat for the last month! I could not for the life of me figure it until today. I completely removed the drivers seat and found that a stainless steel drinking straw had managed to burry itself deep inside the under seat vent! Epic victory! Also nasty under there lol. Good time to vacuum!
20200106_154017.jpg

20200106_154113.jpg

20200106_154139.jpg

Mother Fu@#ing rattle under my seat for the last month! I could not for the life of me figure it until today. I completely removed the drivers seat and found that a stainless steel drinking straw had managed to burry itself deep inside the under seat vent! Epic victory! Also nasty under there lol. Good time to vacuum!
20200106_154017.jpg

20200106_154113.jpg

20200106_154139.jpg

Ain’t that a beeatch! But, at least you got it. I hate rattles. Drives me insane.

20200106_154017.jpg

20200106_154113.jpg

20200106_154139.jpg
My driver seat has a slight front/back movement to it. It drives me insane. Toyota said it would take them all day to figure out and wouldn't be worth it...

My driver seat has a slight front/back movement to it. It drives me insane. Toyota said it would take them all day to figure out and wouldn't be worth it...

Uhhh... My response to that is "I don't give a f**k how long it takes you, fix it under warranty." ?

No updates in a while. I figure I should be a good community member and post something. I've been pretty busy last few months but nothing Tacoma, 4x4 or camping related unfortunately :cry:

The good news is I have some time now so this Monday I'll be picking up enough steel to build the rolling chassis of the the expo glamping trailer. I also have a big order in with Etrailer in that includes goodies like Timbren 3500 HD axle-less suspension, lock-N-roll hitch, submersible trailer lights and a few other things I'll need to get this build started.

Im really excited for this build. I think it will be pretty unique in that it will be slightly bigger than most commercially available expo trailers due to the fact we want the ability to carry ALLOT of water and bring luxieres like an electric pellet smoker. Overall length from rear bumper to hitch will be 15 feet and it will be low enough to keep the tent below the cab line for highway aerodynamics.

I'll post a dedicated build thread once it gets underway and link it here.

So I've had a pretty cool day! This morning I found out I was the lucky winner of the Tacoma3G 50k insta follower give away! Apparently I won Remmen brake upgrade which will definitely be a welcome addition to the truck! Thank you very much to all the mods and leadership at T3G. I sp appreciative for the opportunity to win an upgrade and of course actually winning something is super dope! :D

The other awesome thing that happened today!
20200309_123158.jpg
20200309_123220.jpg

Doesn't look like much now but this will make up the frame of the trailer. I Still need to pick up some 2x2 and aluminum sheet for the box portion but the build is finally getting underway!

So I've had a pretty cool day! This morning I found out I was the lucky winner of the Tacoma3G 50k insta follower give away! Apparently I won Remmen brake upgrade which will definitely be a welcome addition to the truck! Thank you very much to all the mods and leadership at T3G. I sp appreciative for the opportunity to win an upgrade and of course actually winning something is super dope! :D
Congrats! It’s almost funny that you won because you’re one of the few that use a trailer with their truck.

Congrats! It’s almost funny that you won because you’re one of the few that use a trailer with their truck.
Yes! Brakes are something that's been on the back burner for a while but other projects keep popping up. In reality a brake upgrade should've been a priority...you know safety n'stuff :oops: . Can't wait to install this Remmen setup!

Hell yeah brotha, that's awesome!!

Got the suspension, trailer brakes and few other items needed to kick this build off.
20200313_145612.jpg

Also stopped by Ol' harbor freight and picked up their 20 ton shop press on sale today. Will work nicely with a Swag offroad finger break kit!

Put this piece of crap together today. Like everything from HF it's ok but will be allot cooler after I fix it. After some caster wheels, pneumatic bottle jack and the swag offroad finger break kit it will be a hell of a tool.
20200315_102241.jpg

Last edited:
Did an oil change and wash this morning. I never hit the 10,000 mile interval so I usually just do it twice a year. It still amazes me how clean and new the oil looks coming out of the engine after 6 months!

I also swapped the battery on the wireless remote for the winch. I ended up pulling out a stuck 4runner the day we went to sheeps bridge and had to go wired to use the winch. Its still relatively easy to connect the cable with the hidden winch setup. Just not ideal because the hood needs to cracked open.

Also just wanted to say I have those sweet Remen brakes sitting in my garage. As soon as I get the trailer project moved out of there I plan to install them.

Did an oil change and wash this morning. I never hit the 10,000 mile interval so I usually just do it twice a year. It still amazes me how clean and new the oil looks coming out of the engine after 6 months!

I also swapped the battery on the wireless remote for the winch. I ended up pulling out a stuck 4runner the day we went to sheeps bridge and had to go wired to use the winch. Its still relatively easy to connect the cable with the hidden winch setup. Just not ideal because the hood needs to cracked open.

Also just wanted to say I have those sweet Remen brakes sitting in my garage. As soon as I get the trailer project moved out of there I plan to install them.

I am very happy with the @remmenbrakes setup we installed. No issues, performing solid, and after a few thousand miles they still look awesome.

I found some time for a quick camping trip to one of my favorite spots near Flag/Sedona.
20200521_111049.jpg

20200520_190310.jpg
20200520_190306.jpg
20200520_190147.jpg

Its been awhile since I slept in the ol big 5 special. Not too bad but really looking forward to finishing the new glamper and bringing it here.
20200520_184043.jpg

Attachments

• 20200521_111033.jpg
    20200521_111033.jpg
    748.2 KB · Views: 69
I found some time for a quick camping trip to one of my favorite spots near Flag/Sedona.
20200521_111049.jpg

20200520_190310.jpg
20200520_190306.jpg
20200520_190147.jpg

Its been awhile since I slept in the ol big 5 special. Not too bad but really looking forward to finishing the new glamper and bringing it here.
20200520_184043.jpg

Fantastic scenery.

20200521_111049.jpg

20200520_190310.jpg
20200520_190306.jpg
20200520_190147.jpg

20200520_184043.jpg
I wanna go camping there this weekend.

Back