• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Lights and warranty

Tuglife

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2018 TRD OR DCSB Auto
White
Before I go all out on lights I’m trying to figure out if that does anything to the warranty. I called one dealership and they wouldn’t give me a straight answer. I have the platinum warranty package

Before I go all out on lights I’m trying to figure out if that does anything to the warranty. I called one dealership and they wouldn’t give me a straight answer. I have the platinum warranty package
Are we talking aux lights? They will not void warranty unless installed improper

As long as they are wired properly fused right and switches aren't tapped into prime circuits they CANT say it voids warrenty, they cant even claim a dying battery is the lights fault, unless they can prove with proper testing

As long as they are wired properly fused right and switches aren't tapped into prime circuits they CANT say it voids warrenty, they cant even claim a dying battery is the lights fault, unless they can prove with proper testing
Additionally, if you brought your truck in for something unrelated like a broken tie rod end, they wouldn't mention your lights. Might be obvious but maybe not.

Additionally, if you brought your truck in for something unrelated like a broken tie rod end, they wouldn't mention your lights. Might be obvious but maybe not.
Ya I’d hope lol but I was more leaning to say a door lock or something stops working (happened on my dads 2010tundra in less than 2 years) would they try to claim the lights. I’m assuming no because the lights don’t really wire into the main computer system

Ya I’d hope lol but I was more leaning to say a door lock or something stops working (happened on my dads 2010tundra in less than 2 years) would they try to claim the lights. I’m assuming no because the lights don’t really wire into the main computer system
Dealerships are sometimes horribly and will come with every excuse they can to avoid doing there job or to try and get you to pay more.
If you've done your job right and they blame it on say you lights ask them to prove it !
I'm having a battery issue , they blamed all my lights , I asked how can that be (played dumb) he gave me a speech on how my lights are wired wrong etc.... , I asked him did you do a parasitic draw test? Dumbfounded he said no we dont do that for electronics:( , asked to speak to his boss at that point conversation ender

Back