• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

T3G Feedback and questions about Tacoma3G.com - How can our community and website be better?

I agree with Porter707, I too am a fan of simplicity. What I like even more are logos that don't make obvious what they stand for. Only those "in the know" would know what the logo means.

I second this. Clean is everything.

You guys think the rotating slogans should be scrapped then? Just have one sophisticated slogan?

I like the rotating slogan idea. Btw your examples are funny!

I should clarify that my opinions about simplicity and "in the know" apply mostly to decals I would put on the taco.

Decals... I know I'm getting ahead of myself

I dig the Tacoma nation style. Would put the silhouette of a 3rd gen on the top instead of mountains and ditch the stars. Can’t think of anything better to put there then the stars at the moment but something else unique there

Thanks for the invite Tyler, look forward to seeing this forum grow! So far on my mobile the interface is working well. Also, I agree with Taco_primo and Porter707 about the region section, that will be a great start.

I’ve always been more a fan of the norcal, socal, etc regional breakdown. It’s just easier to know exactly where you’re from. Where exactly is PNW? Do i need to put on my fire suit now, or is this a sanctuary forum? ?

I’ve always been more a fan of the norcal, socal, etc regional breakdown. It’s just easier to know exactly where you’re from. Where exactly is PNW? Do i need to put on my fire suit now, or is this a sanctuary forum? ?
So I’m thinking creating forums for the most active areas will be the most ideal way to do this. SoCal, NorCal, AZ, HI, northeast, etc.

As someone suggested, we’ll keep an open poll running to see where people are from and when their area starts to get more populated here, they’ll get their own forum added.

The designer hasn’t responded in about 24 hours, presumably because it’s the weekend. But the anticipation is killing me!

A DIY section would be cool too. YouTube works too, but you get a better sense of community when members can share step-by-steps of what they’ve done on their rigs.

A DIY section would be cool too. YouTube works too, but you get a better sense of community when members can share step-by-steps of what they’ve done on their rigs.
For sure. In the technical section, I was thinking about making a DIY Tutorial sub-forum. I just don’t want to have too many forums before we have a strong amount of content, but this one might be good to add now.

Actually, does anyone have anything they could contribute to that now? It would be cool to have some tutorials up when we open. Nothing is too minor to have clear instructions available for.

What's up everyone! Super stoked about having this forum with info just for 3rd gens, and thanks to @tacoma3g for helping me finish getting set up. In regards to DIY, I would love access to that as I like to do stuff myself, regional forums are also awesome and regional buy/sell/trade would be awesome!! Can't wait to see what this grow into!

What's up everyone! Super stoked about having this forum with info just for 3rd gens, and thanks to @tacoma3g for helping me finish getting set up. In regards to DIY, I would love access to that as I like to do stuff myself, regional forums are also awesome and regional buy/sell/trade would be awesome!! Can't wait to see what this grow into!
Thanks for being patient and helping me figure out that issue with the CAPTCHA code at registration! You guys are great.

Regional sub-forums are created and regional thread prefixes for buy / sell / trade are created.

Actually, does anyone have anything they could contribute to that now? It would be cool to have some tutorials up when we open. Nothing is too minor to have clear instructions available for.

I will hopefully next weekend. I should be installing my CBI hidden winch mount. If I install it, I will do a full write up. I can not find an install anywhere

You going to get a few designs? You should do a poll thread on the design. :cool:
It’s a possibility. I need them to respond to me. This is the major thing holding me back from opening to the public now.

I know this is thinking further in the future, but would anybody be interested in somehow integrating the site into and app? I think that would be really convenient in some cases.

I was gonna recommend that too but creating an app that is mac and droid friendly will require some funds for development. Really depends where Tyler is heading with this but it can certainly be done if/when he starts picking up sponsors/advertisers. The overland bound forum is setup like that and occasionaly I'll open that app and browse. Most my images are on my phone so I logged in to upload my profile pic. Technology is cool but of course we want it more easier and convenient.

I agree on a simple logo and what mendo707za said "logos that aren't obvious as to what they represent except those in the know."

Back