• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

T3G Feedback and questions about Tacoma3G.com - How can our community and website be better?

Sorry I’m late to the party here. Punisher skulls and Grimm reapers have been overdone recently imo. I like the idea of a simple design with the 3rd gen silhouette. I also like the ideas of the “in the know” slogans and inside jokes. As for colors, you have my vote for the sand color and maybe add some OD Green to it as well.

What’s gonna differentiate this site from TacomaWorld?
The first and major difference is that this site is only for 3rd gen Tacos. In addition to that, it’s the simplicity of our layout/view of the content and the strong community backbone that we already have.

Just a thought...will there/can there be a forum or listing just for things that are spotted but unidentified? I always see things on vehicles while driving or parked and think "Damn I wish I knew what brand that was" etc. I normally grab a pic if I like it that much and spend hours trying to find it online haha

Just a thought...will there/can there be a forum or listing just for things that are spotted but unidentified? I always see things on vehicles while driving or parked and think "Damn I wish I knew what brand that was" etc. I normally grab a pic if I like it that much and spend hours trying to find it online haha

It can be the spotted/UFO thread. Lol. Funny you would mention that because I have so many screenshots and photos on my phone of things I see and like too and do the same spending lots of time searching for them.

Great idea. This might fit in well in the general 3rd forum at the beginning. This is another thing we can have a specific thread prefix for. I think thread prefixes are very useful for organization.

Great idea. This might fit in well in the general 3rd forum at the beginning. This is another thing we can have a specific thread prefix for. I think thread prefixes are very useful for organization.
Yes! I definitely like the thread prefix, very helpful for finding things!!

You know what? I’m thinking we need color options. They’ll be based off the truck colors:

Quicksand, what we’ve been talking about.
Cement, a clean light grey
MGM, a darker grey
Red, red accents on the grey base
Blue, blue accents on the grey base
Inferno, orange accents on the grey base
Calvary, electric blue accents on the grey base
Black, our very dark “night” skin
White, very light grey and white
Silver, based off white but with darker grey font

Just to keep you guys informed: I’m looking to launch the forum this weekend to this Tuesday timeframe. If the graphic designer can’t, we’ll go for next weekend.

The price for the design turned out to be a lot more than I was expecting, lol. It’s all good as long as it looks solid as hell and can at least somewhat work for everyone’s tastes.

Just to keep you guys informed: I’m looking to launch the forum this weekend to this Tuesday timeframe. If the graphic designer can’t, we’ll go for next weekend.

The price for the design turned out to be a lot more than I was expecting, lol. It’s all good as long as it looks solid as hell and can at least somewhat work for everyone’s tastes.

This is pretty good news. I hope we have all been helpful to the building of this site. It has already came pretty far in the short amount of time that it has been soft launched.

This is pretty good news. I hope we have all been helpful to the building of this site. It has already came pretty far in the short amount of time that it has been soft launched.
Absolutely. It has been so awesome having you guys here to help. You guys need to tell me what your little banner should say where mine says Badministrator. Founding Member? Soft Launch Crew? Etc.

Wow! That's awesome. Hopefully your timeline works out with no hiccups. As for our banner, Founding Member is cool or whatever you feel is right.

The user titles above the banner that say member and new member, you can change those in your control panels, correct? I gave you guys the ability to do that so if it's not there, let me know.

The user titles above the banner that say member and new member, you can change those in your control panels, correct? I gave you guys the ability to do that so if it's not there, let me know.

Can’t really find where to edit it.

It should be there now. I’m not sure why I thought I did that already when apparently I didn’t.

I would probably stick with one color just to establish “brand recognition” at first but make patches, stickers and swag the suggested taco color options would be cool

Back