ARCHIVED Let's talk graphic design

• Hello, visitor! You've found the only 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma forum! 🤙
    Tacoma3G.com is an online forum for 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma and overland enthusiasts. Our resources include: build threads, tutorials, gear reviews, exclusive discounts and giveaways, a marketplace to buy and sell items, local trail events, and more. We have thousands of friendly, knowledgeable members, including many officials from your favorite companies. Registration is completely free and only takes 30 seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler

= IX • Paragon
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member
I'm paying to have a custom skin made by a professional. It will be tailored to however we want it to look. Everything from color scheme to a unique logo and the actual layout of the content.

Right now I'm thinking it would be cool to have some sort of skull in the logo because I like badass shit. I also intend to feature everyone's trucks next to the logo that will rotate each time you refresh the page. In addition to the trucks, I'd like to have rotating slogans under the logo that add some sarcasm/comic relief. This is something we can always add to and eventually use inside jokes we create. Some that I've thought of for now:

• 3rd gen burritos are better.
  • "I should've bought a jeep", said no one on this forum.
  • tacoma3g.com - the best 3rd gen Taco forum. (This is by process of elimination, and we're the only one...)
  • Entune is the best part about the Toyota Tacoma.
  • Someone should enlighten Tyler on the importance of rock sliders.
  • What is the point of rock sliders? Seriously.
  • Did 35" tires effect anyone else's gas mileage?
  • tacoma3g.com - Where simplicity is paramount and bullshit is... bullshit.
  • I'm just here for the Controlled Chaos forum.
  • Just picked up my roof top tent. Do you even overland, bro?
  • Do you even crawl control, bro?
  • I sold my cement TRD Pro when it stopped being an exclusive color.
  • Sick quicksand Taco, dude! I never really see those.
  • 99% of Tacos are in SoCal; are you the 1% making a difference?
  • Toyota announced the next refresh of the 3rd gen will have a solid axle.
  • Will sell food for Tacoma money!
  • Just rolled off the lot with my new 3rd gen. Quick! -- gotta make an overlanding Instagram.
  • #overland #exploration #fivegrandworthofextrageariwontuse

As for the color scheme, I'm thinking something earthy. Perhaps loosely based off the quicksand color with subtle red accents?

Taco_primo

= VI • Diamond
T3G Supporter
T3G O.G.
First Name
Brent
Military
Navy
T3G Member
I agree with the color scheme, going with sand colors and maybe some olive colors as well.

Porter707

= II • Bronze
T3G O.G.
First Name
James
Military
Army
T3G Member
Me personally, I would avoid the skull. In my opinon, something simplistic and sleek would work. Have you seen some of the designs throughout the communities?

Attachments

• IMG_2319.jpg
    IMG_2319.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 36
  • Nation_Badge_Patch.png
    Nation_Badge_Patch.png
    15.3 KB · Views: 41
  • Taco_Decal_Sample.jpg
    Taco_Decal_Sample.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 39

Tyler

= IX • Paragon
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member
Me personally, I would avoid the skull. In my opinon, something simplistic and sleek would work. Have you seen some of the designs throughout the communities?
Those are clean. I understand how the skull can be hit or miss. I like it the way it's used by my favorite gym, Barbell Brigade, but that doesn't mean we need to do that here.

Porter707

= II • Bronze
T3G O.G.
First Name
James
Military
Army
T3G Member
Yeah, every company had skulls on their unit t-shirts from my first deployment, which was cool. Second deployment they tried doing the samething and I was burnt out on the idea, was the same stuff just re-designed again.

The simplier the better imo.

Also I agree the earth tone colors could be good, something that is easy on the eyes for sure. Especially when being viewed on Mobile.

Tyler

= IX • Paragon
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member
Yeah, every company had skulls on their unit t-shirts from my first deployment, which was cool. Second deployment they tried doing the samething and I was burnt out on the idea, was the same stuff just re-designed again.

The simplier the better imo.

Also I agree the earth tone colors could be good, something that is easy on the eyes for sure. Especially when being viewed on Mobile.
I really, really like clean and modern minimalist designs. We'll scrap the skull and see what the graphic artist can do.

Tyler

= IX • Paragon
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member
I agree with Porter707, I too am a fan of simplicity. What I like even more are logos that don't make obvious what they stand for. Only those "in the know" would know what the logo means.
I can dig that.

Taco_primo

= VI • Diamond
T3G Supporter
T3G O.G.
First Name
Brent
Military
Navy
T3G Member
I agree with Porter707, I too am a fan of simplicity. What I like even more are logos that don't make obvious what they stand for. Only those "in the know" would know what the logo means.

I second this. Clean is everything.

Tyler

= IX • Paragon
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member
You guys think the rotating slogans should be scrapped then? Just have one sophisticated slogan?

mendo707za

= II • Bronze
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tino
T3G Member
I like the rotating slogan idea. Btw your examples are funny!

I should clarify that my opinions about simplicity and "in the know" apply mostly to decals I would put on the taco.

Decals... I know I'm getting ahead of myself

Trail_limo_pro

= IV • Gold
T3G O.G.
First Name
Brian Sultzer
T3G Member
I dig the Tacoma nation style. Would put the silhouette of a 3rd gen on the top instead of mountains and ditch the stars. Can’t think of anything better to put there then the stars at the moment but something else unique there

Tyler

= IX • Paragon
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member
The designer hasn’t responded in about 24 hours, presumably because it’s the weekend. But the anticipation is killing me!

Taco_primo

= VI • Diamond
T3G Supporter
T3G O.G.
First Name
Brent
Military
Navy
T3G Member
You going to get a few designs? You should do a poll thread on the design. :cool:

Tyler

= IX • Paragon
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member
You going to get a few designs? You should do a poll thread on the design. :cool:
It’s a possibility. I need them to respond to me. This is the major thing holding me back from opening to the public now.

tacomiyagi

= IV • Gold
T3G Supporter
T3G O.G.
First Name
Roger
T3G Member
I agree on a simple logo and what mendo707za said "logos that aren't obvious as to what they represent except those in the know."

TacoInferno

= II • Bronze
T3G O.G.
First Name
Chris
T3G Member
Sorry I’m late to the party here. Punisher skulls and Grimm reapers have been overdone recently imo. I like the idea of a simple design with the 3rd gen silhouette. I also like the ideas of the “in the know” slogans and inside jokes. As for colors, you have my vote for the sand color and maybe add some OD Green to it as well.

Tyler

= IX • Paragon
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member
Status