• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Pre-Purchase Question LED Replacement Bulb advice

TedM2021TRD

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
I'm looking to replace the OEM headlights with LED bulbs. The current product is Halogen Projector Low, reflector high.
Also I'm also looking at replacing the fog lights as well. It seems that any Google search is flooded with Ads and then skewed to their products.

Base on my experience, I recommend the XenonDepot bulbs if you're just wanting to swap out bulbs. They have HID and LED.
I had the XD HID Lows, LED Highs with the Baja Designs Fogs.
Can get 3 sets to cover your lows, highs and fogs.

Morimoto XB Headlights if you can spend the money. Upgraded to this because I was having a Toyota problem.
I have all of these, minus the redundant items. Other just listed as options.
Seems like a lot but I found it to be worth it in the long run. Which I should have stuck to my buy once dry once ideology. But I bought, sold, lost money, upgrade, repeat... :(

Morimoto also has bulb kits called the 2-stroke or something. Did not have Morimoto bulbs.

Also:

If you want to get fancy, grab a set of Baja Designs Squadrons. They have a fog light kit. Huge difference. Just sold mine preparing for my new bumper and I lost so much visibility at night. Already ordered another set that will fit the new bumper.
@ragofabrication is having a crazy sale right now. Might have to email in.
info@ragofabrication.com

There's also Morimoto and Toyota LED Fogs out there. But I highly recommend the BD. Difference is crazy.

If you want to go even further https://mesocustoms.com/ for your interior lights. Sign up for the notifications and grab them when they come in stock.

They also have a nice upgrade for the factory tail lights.

Offers Puddle Lights as well.

Your vanity light is: 6612F
I couldn't stand that and had to swap out all the lights.

Last edited:
Back