• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

SeaTownTaco Build Thread - 2016 Black TRD OR

SeaTownTaco

2️⃣ Bronze
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2016 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Midnight Black
Finally got some half decent photos, so I figured I would stop lurking and actually put something on the site. Have mostly done cosmetic upgrades so far and plan on doing some more substantial things later this summer. Excited to soak up the inspiration from everyone else!

Next steps are some more serious additions like rock sliders, front bumper, and roof rack. There are a lot of trails to explore here in the PNW, I plan on getting to as many as I can!

2016 TRD Off-Road

Cosmetic:
White LED Raptor Lights
Cali-Raised White LED fog lights
TRD Pro Grille
Spyder Sequential Turn Signal Projector Headlights (the ones with the disappointing light output)
Meso Customs Tacoma Ultimate Turn Signals
Raptor Style Tail Lights - bought from Cali-Raised but available most places, added some Diode Dynamic reverse bulbs for some added light.

Interior
Meso Customs interior chrome delete kit
Meso Customs vent ring chrome delete
Meso Customs climate control chrome delete

Wheels/Tires
TRD wheels - same ones you see on every other 4Runner and Taco
General Tire Grabber ATx

Exhaust - MBRP 3-Inch Black Series Single Exhaust System

Not visible: front to back scratches on both sides because apparently my brain thinks I am driving a Suzuki Samurai when I am going through these trails.
IMG_0863.jpg
image1.jpeg

Thanks! That is actually a wonderful idea, going to move that up the list!

Finally got my SSO Slimline Hybrid Bumper with Warn 10-S Platinum winch. Excited to to get the skid plates/sliders in, so that this truck starts to become a lot more capable and ready for some trails in the spring!

Taco with bumper shop.jpg
Taco with bumper snow.jpeg

Recently got the first of multiple skids installed. Really happy with the RCI look as well as how sturdy it is, big upgrade over the stock engine skid. Next up, lower control arm skids, and transmission skid followed later on by some sliders. Time to get this thing ready to explore the mountains in the spring.

Linked up with @ToYoTRD Nation in his new TRD pro, and hit some trails.

image7.jpeg
image5.jpeg
image2.jpeg
image4.jpeg

Still has a comparatively stock look, but added a few things since I last posted. Viper cut on the front, bug deflector and visor, a little more armor, another bed Molle panel, and the Diamondback cover on the bed.

Had to cut through the mountains from Chelan, WA back to Seattle this summer. Hearing the larger rocks scratch against the armor was oh so sweet justification for the money spent.

IMG_6690.jpeg
IMG_6230.jpg
IMG_6231.jpeg
IMG_6190.jpeg

Back