• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Review KTJO4x4 V1 DRIVER SIDE GRAB HANDLE

RevN3

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Rig of the Month (2x)
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCSB Manual
Blazing Blue Pearl
Purchase Date
Jan 13, 2023
Price of Product
Star Rating
4.00 star(s)
Would you ultimately recommend this product or vendor?
Yes
Video review and install:

Source: https://youtu.be/2YcLvKQWXJA

They only have 63 of these left in stock so if you want the V1 better jump to it.

Upvote 0
First post in this forum section. Notes for @Tyler:

- It requires a tag but I had no idea what tags were available and it wouldn't let me create new ones. Got lucky that "Tacoma" worked.
- Apparently I can add the "featured" thing myself? That's probably not a good idea :)
- "Would you ultimately recommend this product or vendor?" lines up kind of weird with "Yes"

First post in this forum section. Notes for @Tyler:

- It requires a tag but I had no idea what tags were available and it wouldn't let me create new ones. Got lucky that "Tacoma" worked.
- Apparently I can add the "featured" thing myself? That's probably not a good idea :)
- "Would you ultimately recommend this product or vendor?" lines up kind of weird with "Yes"
This new review area is a work in progress. I appreciate the notes / feedback! And to anyone else - all suggestions encouraged.

Last edited:
The caps on mine don't really stay in place. Did you experience that? One fell out and the tab broke off. Some of the other stems got bent. So then I double side adhesive them on, but they'll move a little in heat/cold.

Was the hardware decent? I had to buy my own hardware. Was sent the incorrect ones and the threaded end was trash.

KTJO has sort of been slacking on communication.

The caps on mine don't really stay in place. Did you experience that? One fell out and the tab broke off. Some of the other stems got bent. So then I double side adhesive them on, but they'll move a little in heat/cold.

Was the hardware decent? I had to buy my own hardware. Was sent the incorrect ones and the threaded end was trash.

KTJO has sort of been slacking on communication.
Caps on mine are fine but I've only been running them for a month. Seem pretty solid though.

Hardware was...fine. I had a problem with the bolt hole on the Tacoma, I expect it had some dried paint in it. 30 seconds with a tap fixed that though.

I'm under the impression KTJO is a very small shop and small shops usually aren't great with communication in my experience. That said, they were super responsive when I tagged them on Instagram and YouTube.

I recall KTJO having some type of somewhat major customer service dispute here and on Tacoma World. Something about them not getting the product out and not really responding to customer emails. That was a couple years ago and it sounds like they are better now.

LMAOOO Full FAFO mode on this :ROFLMAO:

Great video!

I just picked up a V2 of the drivers handle from KTJO’s shop. It was on clearance for $100 as it had a very small defect on the handle (not noticeable). It’s a small two person shop (sisters) and they were very friendly. Install went very quickly and it looks OEM. They also have lots of other products available, I was impressed with the quality of the seat covers that they sell and would buy them in a heartbeat if they were available in quicksand. They did say that they were considering adding other colors in the future.

Or, maybe what I just mentioned is still true then.
Not much better. Email response time is slow.
I've been backing her projects and stuff since the beginning.

Right now my HUD has this whining noise.
Others have received replacement harnesses that corrected the issue.
Bolt N Open never worked.

She just told me to redo my wiring... It's literally plug and play.

Caps on mine are fine but I've only been running them for a month. Seem pretty solid though.

Hardware was...fine. I had a problem with the bolt hole on the Tacoma, I expect it had some dried paint in it. 30 seconds with a tap fixed that though.

I'm under the impression KTJO is a very small shop and small shops usually aren't great with communication in my experience. That said, they were super responsive when I tagged them on Instagram and YouTube.

So I need to blast her with negative feedback on Social Media for a response.
Since the website states:

Do not contact us via Facebook, Instagram, and Email or your response may be delayed.

Last edited:
Not much better. Email response time is slow.
I've been backing her projects and stuff since the beginning.

Right now my HUD has this whining noise.
Others have received replacement harnesses that corrected the issue.
Bolt N Open never worked.

She just told me to redo my wiring... It's literally plug and play.

So I need to blast her with negative feedback on Social Media for a response.
Since the website states:
It’s stuff like this that I created this new review non-biased / non-sponsored section. I wish I did sooner too.

It’s stuff like this that I created this new review non-biased / non-sponsored section. I wish I did sooner too.
I was hesitant because I didn't want to overstep or threadjack @RevN3 's post. But if it's cool to leave experiences in other's threads I feel I could contribute something in that way because I've bought a lot of stupid little things from a lot of different places.

I was hesitant because I didn't want to overstep or threadjack @RevN3 's post. But if it's cool to leave experiences in other's threads I feel I could contribute something in that way because I've bought a lot of stupid little things from a lot of different places.
I agree about being able to contribute in that way. Plus, when someone searches “KTJO”, they’d probably prefer to read as many perspectives as they can get, if already reading a thread.

I did have a good experience with shopping at KJTO’s shop but I’m not trying to defend KTJO here as I know that others have not had good experiences. I do feel that it’s necessary to comment that many small businesses make a lot of cool accessories for our trucks. KJTO is a two person shop so yes they are very busy designing, buying, selling, shipping, answering the phone, responding to emails, etc and as you can imagine they can get overwhelmed. MESO Customs comes to mind as well, he started out as a one man part time operation and designed so many cool goodies for our trucks that he was soon swapped with orders and even though he has expanded to a full time operation with employees he still can’t meet demand. I’ve had great success with MESO despite his inventory limitations. Others have come and gone because they couldn’t meet demand, held deposits too long or were slow to respond to their customers. My point is that when dealing with small businesses we need to be smart, patient, and understanding that they often operate on the edge chaos or bankruptcy.

I did have a good experience with shopping at KJTO’s shop but I’m not trying to defend KTJO here as I know that others have not had good experiences. I do feel that it’s necessary to comment that many small businesses make a lot of cool accessories for our trucks. KJTO is a two person shop so yes they are very busy designing, buying, selling, shipping, answering the phone, responding to emails, etc and as you can imagine they can get overwhelmed. MESO Customs comes to mind as well, he started out as a one man part time operation and designed so many cool goodies for our trucks that he was soon swapped with orders and even though he has expanded to a full time operation with employees he still can’t meet demand. I’ve had great success with MESO despite his inventory limitations. Others have come and gone because they couldn’t meet demand, held deposits too long or were slow to respond to their customers. My point is that when dealing with small businesses we need to be smart, patient, and understanding that they often operate on the edge chaos or bankruptcy.
I do take that into consideration and give the small guys more leniency. I understand not being able to keep up demand due to productions times and limitations. I have more than enough patience when it comes to waiting for products. $2000 for a custom folding pocket knife and waiting 16 months without contact. I'm willing to wait, but also do have fair expectations return. I'm not trying to bash KTJO, but just want to share my personal experience. I've had a small online business for a few years now and I get it. I was a one person sweatshop that came up with an idea only for it to be copied by other larger small business shops. Sucks.

KTJO offers things people want and overall quality isn't as good as what you would rate a mid tier industry standard. Responses are super late and delayed. Sometimes not even getting a response.
When I wouldn't get a response, I could cycle through all the contact info. From the website, Facebook, email, PayPal email and I might get a response. I have preordered things and it was hard to even get confirmation my order was received and accounted for. Whatever preorder system she had in place was just horrible. I feel she just kept a spreadsheet and just didn't bother unless there was an update on her end. But she didn't keep the people waiting updated. It's as if she went with things as they happened and didn't have that business sense.

KTJO Items I have installed:

Pop N Lock - The wiring was too short. Should have been planned out better. A little longer on her end wouldn't have increased cost as much.
Bolt N Open - Something I regret purchasing. The mounts in the kit were sized incorrectly or just didn't have the correct tolerance to be universal to all Tacomas. I ended up having to fabricate a link myself just to get it to actuate.
HU Display - I'm pretty sure this was another long pre-order. Maybe even over a year. When I got it there were just general directions of the UI. No install. Pretty straight forward, but there is a harness in there and it leaves you wondering if you use it or not. Had do dig up the Chinese manufacturer and watch their YouTube videos. Didn't really get an answer. Figured it out with the help of others that bought it. Mine has this whining sound, sounds like interference. I saw that some people experience the same thing where they were send a replacement harness and that fixed it for them. I emailed and asked about it and it wasn't acknowledged at all.
Grab Handle Bar - Fitment and quality. Bad hardware. Had to supply my own. Super long wait. Lack of update.
Door Bowl Lights - No issue.

While the pre-orders happened, she was banned from TW. So then there wasn't a way to contact her. So it was radio silence for a while.
There should have been some effort to just pop up to say it's still in play.
I learned to only buy things that are simple and non-issue. Where you won't ever have to contact her.

With MESO, I spent a lot on his stuff. It doesn't matter where I reach out to him. He always responds pretty quickly answering all my questions about the item or my order. When something is wrong, he fixes it. You can contact Stew with an issue, you'll have the replacement part in hand and installed weeks before hearing back from KTJO. Even in the beginning. I'm sure MESO had more interest and inquiries than MESO. He stayed on top of it.

Back