• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

KnighT4CO Intro/Build Thread!

knightacoma

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
2019 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Magnetic Gray
Hey guys,

This is gonna be my build thread for my Magnetic Gray Metallic 2019 TRDOR DCSB 4x4. It'll be a pretty slow-going thread because I want to pay it off ASAP, but I have a list of stuff that I'll give in and buy eventually. My instagram for the truck is @knight4co and my YouTube is also KnighT4CO. I'm in Florida so there isn't much overlanding to do here but hopefully I'll be able to sneak away for some weekend trips up north that will allow me to make some cool posts/videos.

Anyway, here's the truck the day I bought it (6/25/19)

Last edited:
First "mod" was dipping the hideous chrome bumpers and the emblems. Next up will be the grille surround. Also might try to put some spray on bedliner over the plasti-dip to give it some texture.

Added bed inserts. They're subtle on the MGM but still love the look, especially with the dipped bumpers.

Cheapo temporary bed cover, cargo net, and new license plate.
20190924_232318475_iOS.jpg
20190924_232350268_iOS.jpg
20190924_232401189_iOS.jpg

Attachments

• 20190924_232350268_iOS.jpg
    20190924_232350268_iOS.jpg
    281 KB · Views: 98
Decided to mess around and make a video my last trip to Citrus WMA. This was my second time at Citrus and I finally found some of the fun spots. Next time I wanna try the more technical sections on Trails 11 & 14 but didn't feel comfortable attempting them alone.

Give it a look! Feedback welcome.

Welcome to the forum! The chrome bumper "delete" and TACOMA lettering are still my two favorite simple first mods (and pretty much necessary IMO). What else you planning to do with it?

Welcome to the forum! The chrome bumper "delete" and TACOMA lettering are still my two favorite simple first mods (and pretty much necessary IMO). What else you planning to do with it?
I have an Eibach lift ordered so hopefully will get that on in the next month or so depending on when all the parts come in.

Got a great deal on the lift for $505 shipped, bought a 3 leaf AAL for around $200 and some other stuff so total spent was under $1k

next after that is wheels/ tires but I wanted to get the lift on first to see if I wanna go up in tire size or not

I have an Eibach lift ordered so hopefully will get that on in the next month or so depending on when all the parts come in.

Got a great deal on the lift for $505 shipped, bought a 3 leaf AAL for around $200 and some other stuff so total spent was under $1k

next after that is wheels/ tires but I wanted to get the lift on first to see if I wanna go up in tire size or not
You will want to go up in tire size especially after you see the truck lifted. It's just what we do. We can never keep the money in the wallet.

Also, here is an example what your truck might look like lifted with stock tires:

1575045015713.png

You will want to go up in tire size especially after you see the truck lifted. It's just what we do. We can never keep the money in the wallet.

Also, here is an example what your truck might look like lifted with stock tires:

1575045015713.png
Yeah I’ll most likely at least go up to 275. Not sure if I’ll wanna make the leap to 285 and deal with CMC and stuff but ya never know haha

Yeah I’ll most likely at least go up to 275. Not sure if I’ll wanna make the leap to 285 and deal with CMC and stuff but ya never know haha
That makes sense. Well if you have any questions about anything do let us know.

Installed Eibach lift with Icon 3-leaf AAL.
The truck feels so much better on road. A lot tighter and sportier feeling in corners. Can’t wait to get it off road and see how it performs.
6A54DF57-BB63-4B16-AF78-E92CF036EAF2.jpeg

Installed Eibach lift with Icon 3-leaf AAL.
The truck feels so much better on road. A lot tighter and sportier feeling in corners. Can’t wait to get it off road and see how it performs.
6A54DF57-BB63-4B16-AF78-E92CF036EAF2.jpeg
Stance looks good! You’ll like it off-road; everything feels so much better than the stock stuff, IMO.

That looks killer! Very classy. Seems like a different shade of the usual bronze.
Yeah they’re a little different than the SCS and Method wheels. They look even better in person too!

This weekend I painted the skid & tow hook. Also added Subaru tweeters. Love the sound quality upgrade, especially at higher volumes.

IMG_0594.jpg

Back