• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Klompmaker Family Taco

AdventureDan71

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2021 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Cement
Hello All,

Our family just picked up a 2021 TRD Off-Road DCSB. We are currently living in West Michigan. and have been doing family adventure trips in a 2013 Honda Odyssey. We felt it was time to make the upgrade before hitting up Western North Carolina this April and Vermont/New Hampshire this summer.

First day mod was already posted in another thread, but wanted to get it in here for continuity. I removed the front license plate holder for

Before 22322.jpgAfter 22322.jpg
Screenshot 2022-03-01 203230.jpg

The boys (Everett 8 and Alden 5) are stoked.

I am planning to do some DIY interior storage work to make long trips better for the boys and my wife (Maria) before tackling an overland setup.

Stay Tuned

Warmly,
Dan

Welcome aboard! I think you'll have a lot more fun with a Tacoma than an Odyssey. I look forward to seeing what you DIY for storage. I'm currently in the middle of doing the same to mine.

Time for an update. Nothing too extravagant.....yet....

First, a couple of @salex organizers"
Screenshot 2022-03-14 200244.jpgScreenshot 2022-03-14 200254.jpg

Next, some patriot bling (or is it anti bling?) I found on Etsy. I like the blacked out flag look. In the future I might look into blackout decals for the bed as well:
Screenshot 2022-03-14 200347.jpg

Finally, a mock up of a center tower for the back bench. @Meclizine , here it is. My intention is to make something the boys can lean up against on longer road trips. I will add some more shelves and an access door on each side for the boys to put electronics in. I would like to run charging cables up into the tower as well. The front will be accessible from the passengers seat for some baskets of travel snacks / essentials.
Screenshot 2022-03-14 200302.jpgScreenshot 2022-03-14 200308.jpg

I was thinking about making the final version out of 1/2" plywood,. After getting the cubby organizers, I am going to look into sheet plastic.

@salex Do you guys do custom work?

Back