• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

King Kits

GrumpyTaco

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Eventually looking to buy a 3 inch lift with Kings front and back.. any recommendations on rear leafs that hold added weight and also which site or kits are people buying. I’ve seen a few different kits out there that use Kings. Also I don’t do much off-roading but I don’t want to build a mall crawler, I still want it to be functional for when I do get out. Is it possible to just do the 3 inch lift with Kings without doing UCA and LCA?

3 inch lift is pretty high actually. You are in the need for UCA's territory at that height or you'll never get it aligned. Most kits out there, Kings included, will not get you 3", likely closer to 2.5". You'd have to start adding spacers in the top of the stairs and that adds it's own considerations which could be positive or negative depending on who you talk to.

There's a number of different spring options for holding increased weight. OME Dakars, Deavers, Icon RXT just to start.

The heavier load springs require constant weight on them so unless you plan to have a lot in or on the truck they may not be the best option for you. You definitely need to figure out exactly what your intended use for the truck is before you start buying stuff.

As for where to buy/shop. Go check out the vendor forum here on T3G. These are vendors that are supporting our forums so it's great to support them in return. Many are offering discounts to T3G members as well. ??

Andy hit it.

One thing to add: I have the HD Dakar leafs. They will handle weight well and give you the extra height you might want, but holy hell they are squeaky. Idk if the other options would be quieter or not.

Andy hit it.

One thing to add: I have the HD Dakar leafs. They will handle weight well and give you the extra height you might want, but holy hell they are squeaky. Idk if the other options would be quieter or not.

Try going through a salty winter with them. Jebus!

I sprayed the ever living shit of them with t9 seems to have helped

Try going through a salty winter with them. Jebus!

I sprayed the ever living shit of them with t9 seems to have helped
When I get back to NY I'll know. I don't care that much but it is kinda funny driving by people in a brand new $40k truck that sounds like a Jeep from the 90s.

I'm sporting the ICON RXT Leafs, this leaf pack has three stages to adjust as you add or remove weight to your truck. I got the 5A mid-travel package from Accutune. Slight rake in the back, only because i have no weight back there yet and I have the leafs set to stage 2 (middle setting).

I'm sporting the ICON RXT Leafs, this leaf pack has three stages to adjust as you add or remove weight to your truck. I got the 5A mid-travel package from Accutune. Slight rake in the back, only because i have no weight back there yet and I have the leafs set to stage 2 (middle setting).

the truck looks sick man, nice work! how is the ride with RXT at 2 and no load? I'm thinking of running the same but haven't heard much feedback. Icon says the springs are a bit softer than stock for ride quality but it would be good to get some subjective feedback.

the truck looks sick man, nice work! how is the ride with RXT at 2 and no load? I'm thinking of running the same but haven't heard much feedback. Icon says the springs are a bit softer than stock for ride quality but it would be good to get some subjective feedback.

Ride is great no issues, when i have had weight back there it rides even better but absolutely fine at just stock weight. I went with stage 2 for future mods. I'm holding off doing those because i deploy in about a week. Hope to have lots of goodies waiting for me when i get back though! The kings are everything that most people have said about them, super smooth on and off road. I can haul ass through small whips and the truck just glides. You pay a price though for that....

Im running King 2.5's EXT on the truck and youll love them! I paired the rear shocks with OME Dakar HD's and theyre super squeaky, and just a twinge stiff for my setup...I will be swapping to a set of deaver's next for a more progressive rate on the dunes and to fine tune the rear weight balance of the truck more. I purchased all my lift items through DownSouthMotorsports, they have a nice purchase system and are great to work with!

There really is no way to go above 2.5" with the King setup, not without putting too much preload or a spacer above the coilover (not recommended). If your looking for height then checkout maybe a BDS lift kit? I know they make up to a 6" lift. Your spring will also be a big factor for the front suspension...I run a 700lb spring with the kings but I have a lot of weight and armor on the truck (Stock kings come with 600lb springs)

Attachments

• 62081082_10214012109676860_3713337030864797696_n.jpg
    62081082_10214012109676860_3713337030864797696_n.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 109
Back