• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Jumper starter…Do you carry one?

L

Lava road

possibly a ghost :(
I had may share of dead batteries…having to own so many old vehicles…

I am surprise how small jumper starters are today….I use to carry a spare battery…lol
I just order a NOCO GB-50 1500 amp Jumper starter…($149.00) never use those real portable ones before, comes with UBS ports…it seems like thing to have today…Nice , small and powerful….

Do you carry a jumper starter? And what kind or type you prefer? ( portables)…

I like those dual battery set-ups….but living on a island …we are usually within two hours from the highways…over night camping …one can accidentally leave something on…and nice to have a battery back-up..plus a UBS charging system….note .. I am beginning to enjoy those self charging headlamps…most can be re-charge using these UBS ports…We do a lot of night time fishing…and I have gone to tons of AA,AAA batteries…Lowes, Black Fridays would sell AAA, AAA -24-36 packs for under $7.00 not any more…I live off the grid…so my whole house runs on batteries….motion sensors…especially
Aloha,

Last edited by a moderator:
NOCO GB40 here. Haven't had to use it, yet...
Also 🤙, born and raised on Oahu, left and never came back...

I carry a similar jump box, they work great take up little room and give you peace of mind.

I carry a NOCO and another AGM in a battery box just to charge any electrical devices I might have on me. (Ipads, phones, radios, electric chainsaw)

Thanks guys…. Delivery date will be Nov 9: 2021….EBay…
Aloha

After posting this….on YouTube Project Farms …tested several brands of booster jumper chargers…

NICO on other sites ..NICO was listed as top dog…but. The YouTube video…showed Gooloo4000a was consider the best overall…and NICO came in the middle… Gooloo pricing…almost the same as NICO 50..
Yes every video can have biases…. Funny part …most other sites …prefer the NICO…
So hard to choose, because we only want to buy one that meets our needs..

Everyone do your own research…. I order the NICO GB 50…
Aloha

I bought one a few years ago when it was on sale and love it. Small enough that it hides away in a cubby. I have used it a number of times on other people's vehicles as well as a few times in the bush when my fridge drained my battery overnight. One of my best investments, even if it is just for state of mind.

Yes …knowing you have a way to jump start your own vehicles…especially off roading or at the market …is a peace of mind…
Also nice to be traveling with friends, safer in numbers…

I use to always have a spare key hidden, trucks that need keys . Todays for push button Tacoma’s I would like to get a spare , and how do you hide it and where ?
Aloha

There are some you can submit reviews for through Amazon and get refunded the total amount. Not the Noco one, but it was some Chinese one. Ended up with a few for free. Only used it to charge a phone once and don't even have it in the truck.

Many times we go fishing in one truck…because my other fishing partners a , few do not have a 4x4..
Nice to know if the battery fails, this “battery booster” may save the day!

I may get another one, NICO GB 70? One for my wife’s car…
Aloha,

Yep. Got mine Black Friday for a steal!!!!

To bonifacio, Thank you for the tip…Woot.Com..
I just sign up, not sure how to use this site yet… I am a Amazon prime member…and Woot.Com is own by Amazon…a sub company….
Aloha

Ps: Follow up… No way to search for individual products, no email notice to let you know product is available…
You have to search there whole site, can be over 1,700 or more items per day, scroll & scroll , they do have break downs , like electronic, sports, household ,clearance..etc…still it is a effort…
The Nice thing is all items are discounted…
If you got the time? And you like to browse….this site maybe for you?

Note: not sure how many items not carried by Amazon anymore, , or or if woot sells discontinued….be sure to compare prices…with Amazon and others sites ,woot often list the manufacturers prices, then then present there prices, mentioning huge % off? A few items I look at….not much savings…on some?

I have a Dewalt jumpbox that is also a small compressor. Good for bicycles and such and in a pinch you can inflate a tire but it takes a while.

I found those Battery jumpers with air pump…not to be very reliable…and not design for very large tires, gets very hot, and kills the battery…lol

I like idea of those pocket size battery jumpers..and amaze how many cars you can jump..many of them a dozen times or more…
Still waiting for my mail order…this week? …and I am gonna get one for my wife’s car too..
Aloha

Back