• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Audio Joying Headunit, Who's got their radio replaced?

TCOTUE

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2018 Sport DCSB Auto
Blazing Blue Pearl
Looking to upgrade to something with CarPlay. Not really wanting to spend over $450, but I did find this unit on Amazon. I know a couple has this exact unit.

What are your issues with it?

Also, did you purchase these adapters for the GPS?

Last edited:
That price is pretty high. I wouldn't do that. But I also wouldn't want an Android head unit. Or really any after market head unit given that it has to run all the settings for the car. It seems like there aren't any good options.

That price is pretty high. I wouldn't do that. But I also wouldn't want an Android head unit. Or really any after market head unit given that it has to run all the settings for the car. It seems like there aren't any good options.
Just curious what settings you use, that would not be retained? I wish I could afford a Pioneer 9", but that's slightly out of my range. Considering I'd have to purchase all the wiring/maestro/dash kit. Would put my install well over $1200.

I'm just assuming that any after market solution that takes over the functions in the head unit will have compromises and problems.

Back