• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Jeep Wrangler JL with a V8

The stock roll bar obviously helps. I plan to do a full cage on my Taco some day. I want to eventually push it hard because I enjoy being reckless but I should probably not die in the process.
You got to do it all when you're young man so go for it. I've done all that and since mines a 2020 its not ready for the scrap pile. I go through trucks like I go through shoes(I rarely wear shoes but I consider my feet shoes as well)it seems like. I've had almost all of them except for a Nissan well unless you consider a Datsun a Nissan. My first vehicle ever was a Datsun 510 truck.

But I bet the Jeep faired better in a roll over than a Taco. I ripped off the driver side plastic rear "bumper" sensors and all. Bumped a couple rocks and had to re align twice. Fragile.
Actually, that was back 25 years ago, that pretty much destroyed that jeep. they weren't much back then..

I modded my taco with all the same components if not more components than I had on the Jeep; and the tacoma drives a million times better in every way shape and form than the Jeep. The jeep was built to do the same thing I've built the tacoma to do, so I stand by my statement. No wobble of death in my tacoma thats fs. Basic wheels, basic tires and a minor lift on the top of the line Jeep. What's the point of a stock Jeep? I'm so confused. ok back to offline.

You got to do it all when you're young man so go for it. I've done all that and since mines a 2020 its not ready for the scrap pile. I go through trucks like I go through shoes(I rarely wear shoes but I consider my feet shoes as well)it seems like. I've had almost all of them except for a Nissan well unless you consider a Datsun a Nissan. My first vehicle ever was a Datsun 510 truck.
Yeah, I'm almost 30 but still as responsible as a 21 year old (except without the drinking/partying). I like to have fun, life is already too boring to be serious about everything. I ruined my first truck by having fun with it (but I still have it and it does still run) and now I'm working on the Taco, slowly. Waste of money? To most, probably. To me? Nope, I got the Taco to have fun and make memories.

Yeah, I'm almost 30 but still as responsible as a 21 year old (except without the drinking/partying). I like to have fun, life is already too boring to be serious about everything. I ruined my first truck by having fun with it (but I still have it and it does still run) and now I'm working on the Taco, slowly. Waste of money? To most, probably. To me? Nope, I got the Taco to have fun and make memories.
Having a hoot is never a waste of money or time.

To unstable to pass everything on the road and I bet it won’t pass a lot of gas stations either.

I'd take a Tacoma with the 4.6 v8. Probably get the same fuel economy as the 3.5.

I’m still curious about the numbers a diesel Taco would have if Toyota bothered to try it.
Yeah. Well. They already do it, just not here. It's established tech for them so it probably would be great!

Back