• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Jake's 2019 Pro Build

lost.jake

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2019 Pro DCSB Auto
White
I'm starting a build thread to show off my truck and adventures it takes me on! Several parts that have already arrived or will be arriving in the next couple weeks are the first step to going on one epic road trip coming soon. I plan on taking a 20k+ mile road trip around the US within the next year, visiting nearly every state, national park, and of course every trail I can find. Below is the parts list that will be installed within in the next month, pictures as soon as it happens.
2019 TRD Pro Super White
16x8 Method MR701 Bronze Wheels
285x75R16 BFGoodrich KO2
Icon Vehicle Dynamics Stage 10 Suspension System
Icon Billet UCA with Delta Joint
Demello Offroad Steel Front Bumper with Low Profile Hoop
Smittybilt X2O 10K Winch
Factor 55 Flat Link
Baja Designs Squadron Pro Fog Lights
Nitro 4.88 Gears
Mobtown Offroad Steel High Clearance Rear Bumper
ECGS Clamshell Bushing
Front and Rear Differential Breather Kit
Some of the parts are already on the truck with just a few others left to order. Still undecided on what set up I want to run for a CB, and still have to order skid plates.

Last edited:
This is how it currently sits as of 20May2019 on the Daniel Boone Backcountry Byway in KY.
IMG_0146.JPG
16DA88B3-44CA-4736-8BDF-DB096434E1A5.jpg
IMG_0149.JPG

Nice start to good looking build ??

Look forward to seeing the progress pics!
I plan to keep this thread updated! My patience is being tested waiting on the bumpers ha

Great looking truck! Trip sounds like a ton of fun and similar to something I plan on doing in the next year or so

Great looking truck! Trip sounds like a ton of fun and similar to something I plan on doing in the next year or so
Well if you find yourself near Kentucky I can point you in the right direction to several old coal roads and semi dry creek trails around here!

Hey Jacob. I know I’m late, but welcome to T3G and thank you for supporting it.

You went into this with solid plans in mind and it is looking good so far!

I'm a week out on a pallet of parts arriving so I hit some local trails this weekend before getting it all cleaned up and into the shop.
IMG_8482.JPG

The truck is looking great. Big difference from the last photos you posted. Do you have more planned for it?

The truck is looking great. Big difference from the last photos you posted. Do you have more planned for it?
As of right now, no. I've been brainstorming a way to mount my spare that I like, looking at the Wilco Offroad prerunner tiregate. Other than that it has everything I would ever need to hit the trail, for now any ways...haha

As of right now, no. I've been brainstorming a way to mount my spare that I like, looking at the Wilco Offroad prerunner tiregate. Other than that it has everything I would ever need to hit the trail, for now any ways...haha
I wanted to secure my spare and make it easily removable. Downside is losing bed space but I'm pretty happy with this SDHQ solution
IMG_20200216_085017_178.jpg

I wanted to secure my spare and make it easily removable. Downside is losing bed space but I'm pretty happy with this SDHQ solution
IMG_20200216_085017_178.jpg
Yea I don’t know if I can sacrifice the bed space.

Well, after receiving a decent offer I sold my TRD pro. Wasn’t really attached to it and have kinda wanted something outside the norm lately anyways so I let it go. Now have a 2020 access cab long bed, not really wanting to do a full 3” lift just yet because I work out of the truck, looking for suggestions to maybe lift it an inch or so and stiffen up the rear for hauling tools and materials..

interesting new rig. whats it look like? id say just some basic shocks and springs and call it good.
Nothing major just an sr5 with the sx package. I’ve always wanted an access cab and found it shortly after selling my other truck

Just discovering this thread for the first time and it's awesome! I made a lot of similar decisions on my build but it's still coming together. Black instead of which, but icon stage 10 and bronze method wheels were a must. I'm even running the spare flat in the bed but with the wilco offroad kit. Your truck is awesome! Nice shots and videos!

I'm starting a build thread to show off my truck and adventures it takes me on! Several parts that have already arrived or will be arriving in the next couple weeks are the first step to going on one epic road trip coming soon. I plan on taking a 20k+ mile road trip around the US within the next year, visiting nearly every state, national park, and of course every trail I can find. Below is the parts list that will be installed within in the next month, pictures as soon as it happens.
2019 TRD Pro Super White
16x8 Method MR701 Bronze Wheels
285x75R16 BFGoodrich KO2
Icon Vehicle Dynamics Stage 10 Suspension System
Icon Billet UCA with Delta Joint
Demello Offroad Steel Front Bumper with Low Profile Hoop
Smittybilt X2O 10K Winch
Factor 55 Flat Link
Baja Designs Squadron Pro Fog Lights
Nitro 4.88 Gears
Mobtown Offroad Steel High Clearance Rear Bumper
ECGS Clamshell Bushing
Front and Rear Differential Breather Kit
Some of the parts are already on the truck with just a few others left to order. Still undecided on what set up I want to run for a CB, and still have to order skid plates.
How do you like the ride on and off road with the ICON Stage 10? I'm thinking of doing the ICON Stage 9 but it will be my DD so I'm curious about the ride quality on the road. Also, how do you like the 4.88's? Do you wish you got 5.29's? Why or why not? Thanks in advance for your reply.

Last edited:
Back