• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

It’s official, I’m a homeowner (camper photos)

Tyler

🔟 Mythical
Badministrator
Volunteer T3G Editor
Reaction score
Website
tacoma3g.com
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Quicksand
I’m totally cheating by making a new thread for this and not posting it in the photo section. I’m just so excited, don’t ban me!

It’s official, The Wandering Winterfields are homeowners! It was a wild six month wait for our @fourwheelcampers, especially since we had never seen one in person. We watched many videos about them but still didn’t know what to expect with the configuration we went with. Let’s just say it is WAY cooler than we expected (not that we had low expectations). We are extremely excited about our choice to have a “blank” interior for us to DIY (not even a furnace), and the black on the tan truck is just perfect. The camper, dry, weighs 806lbs. The @DobinsonsUSA 1000lb leaf springs hardly sagged and I don’t even have the airbags in yet. I already drove the truck 300+ miles and the @nitrogears 5.29s and OVTune still had the truck moving better than stock. @remmenbrakes heavy duty brakes are doing their job well, I definitely needed these. Handling is a little sloppier, almost like not having a sway-bar, but not quite as bad as that. Highway driving went from ~13/14 MPH to 12 MPH. And the amount of people who break their neck to check ‘er out is unreal. @mainlineoverland (located PA and NH) were a killer group to work with and are literal experts on these campers — thanks for the pizza, guys. Lastly, my @relentlessfabrication tire swing-out will need to be slightly modified to fit, but easy enough that I should be able to do it myself as one of my first welding projects. Interior shots and a full walkthrough coming soon!

0C73CFB1-403D-4A54-BFB1-F8EDDF8548CC.jpeg
1E60A670-D248-4D29-BA70-74EBFD737EFE.jpeg
AC7EA1E0-5730-4423-B410-3BF0A8EE9759.jpeg
527A7E08-5A6D-49EA-A8F4-02ECF81D502D.jpeg
D299FE5C-A232-4F52-8894-E100E9632B65.jpeg
71A9ED29-2AC6-4E40-B6AE-0E0DFC9890A9.jpeg
80779035-8B64-4E41-8A48-E16CB15BE4B5.jpeg
51DE58FF-FF89-4DB9-9DCB-757A078876FF.jpeg

Looks really nice. keeping the cab rack for aero?

That's badass! Congrats!!

Nah I was kidding lol

Not sure if you’re kidding or not (in a respectful way). But no, I paid for it outright. $13,000 for the camper, $15,000 after various fees — biggest lump sum I’ve ever spent.
DEAR GOD MAN! I was going to ask how much before I combed through the post. How long did it take to dedicate to this one?

DEAR GOD MAN! I was going to ask how much before I combed through the post. How long did it take to dedicate to this one?
How long to save up for it? I really didn’t. It was just general savings for a future down payment on a house or whatever. But I used it on this leap of faith decision instead.

How long to save up for it? I really didn’t. It was just general savings for a future down payment on a house or whatever. But I used it on this leap of faith decision instead.
It looks amazing good for you on that one and congrats! Looks like your bulldog is happy with it haha

Anyone pulling campers, what MPG are you getting?
My 2019 TRD Pro 6-speed pulling this camper 1,800lb dry) is getting only 9-12

Anyone pulling campers, what MPG are you getting?
My 2019 TRD Pro 6-speed pulling this camper 1,800lb dry) is getting only 9-12
I think my truck weighs over 6,200 with the camper. 14mpg highway with OVTune and 5.29 gears.

Curious, have you considered doing a "wing" on top of your roof rack to aid in air flow over the camper. a gradual slope up to the increased height vs the blunt face would definitely help on the highway. Might be worth a test to see if you can gain a mile or two back per.

Curious, have you considered doing a "wing" on top of your roof rack to aid in air flow over the camper. a gradual slope up to the increased height vs the blunt face would definitely help on the highway. Might be worth a test to see if you can gain a mile or two back per.
That’s a good idea that I haven’t thought of.

Back