• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Introduction to the Prelander Build (IG = @desert.recon)

loading_name

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Quicksand
Hello everyone, its about time I introduced myself. I've been on the forum for quite some time but have rarely used it, in fact this is my first post. Anyway my name is Tarren, I'm from northern Utah and I have a 2017 TRD Offroad. This vehicle is purposefully built the way it is to be a jack of all trades and a master of nothing, as you'll see through my images, the truck is what I consider a Weekender Prelander and daily driver-esque build. Excessive, but it does what I need it to do to get my family to and froe on our adventures. Whether we're sending it down the Pony Express, riding mountain roads and fire trails or taking the kids camping for the weekend, this truck does it all, not amazingly well, but a lot better than most.

Build List:
2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad w/Tech Package ~85k miles

Performance Mods:
Magnuson Super Charger
ECGS Core Swap 4.88's in Near Future
Snorkel ;)
Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Front Suspension:
Total Chaos +3.5" Long Travel Kit
RCV Performance Axles
Long Travel Spec King Coilovers w/700lbs coils
Locked Offroad 2"x2" Hydrobumps

Rear Suspension:
Camburg Engineering Spring Under Conversion Spring Hangers
Deaver HD Spring Under Axle Leaf Pack
Dirt King Fabrication Pre Fabricated Bed Cage
King 2.5"x16" Triple External Bypass Shocks
Custom Traction Bar (Changing Shortly)
Locked Offroad 2"x4" Hydrobumps

Wheels/Tires:
SCS F5 17" Satin Black Wheels
315/70/17 Cooper STT Pro Tires

Armor:
C4 Fabrication Hybrid Bumper (Doing some fab work to make it more "overlandy", wider for fiberglass
War Fab Armor Phantom rear High Clearance Bumper w/Swing Outs (Custom width for fiberglass)
RCI Offroad Rock Sliders, Front Skid and Rear Differential Skid Plate

Exterior Lighting:
Baja Designs (6x S1's and 4x Squadron Sports on Front, 2x S1's as chase lights on the rear)
Meso Ultimate Tail Light Stage One Lighting Kit
Headlight: Custom BHLM with Lexus RX350 Projectors, Morimoto HID Kit and Switch Back Halo, Diode Dynamics DRL Switchback

Racks:
Prinsu Design Cab and Topper Rack
Custom Topper Side Racks I designed and sell via my company @remora_offroad on IG

Miscellaneous:
LEER Topper
ARB Twin Air Pump with Custom in bed mount and air tank
Custom wheel well liners
Midland GMRS Radio
RAM Mounting System via Expedition Essentials
RK Sport Fiberglass Hood
Hood Struts
Desert Armor Ninja Tent
Custom fly fishing rod holder
Weather Tech Rain Guards
Warn 10k lbs winch with Factor 55 Fair Lead and Flat Link
Bro Grill and Raptor Lights (truck is too wide for roadway in Utah and legally I need them)

More to follow as I do more and more! Great to be apart of this community!

Attachments

• Prelander.PNG
    Prelander.PNG
    808.8 KB · Views: 222
  • Prerunner.PNG
    Prerunner.PNG
    595.6 KB · Views: 252
This thing is so badass, How come you decided against the 30" bar in the bumper?

Welcome! Killer set up!

Back