• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Interior Disinfecting

hallux

4️⃣ Gold
Reaction score
As someone in law enforcement, looking to see what kind of stuff you folks have had success with in disinfecting our vehicle interiors without tarnishing the leather, plastics and screens?

Steam is the only way I would recommend disinfecting leather, plastics and textiles. The McCulloch is a good entry level steamer that will do what you need it to. Use a Clorox wipe on the screens, then hit them again with a glass cleaner.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000DF0RB/?tag=tacoma3g-20

Since I work at dealer. They are advising to use isopropyl alcohol to wipe down interiors. Do not use bleach or hydrogen peroxide since that may cause some damage to any finishes.
DFD2B11E-8EEE-4DBA-85E0-DA1AED09CD86.jpeg

Since I work at dealer. They are advising to use isopropyl alcohol to wipe down interiors. Do not use bleach or hydrogen peroxide since that may cause some damage to any finishes.
DFD2B11E-8EEE-4DBA-85E0-DA1AED09CD86.jpeg

Just be careful if you opt for an iso solution. You'd probably be fine but I'd suggest doing a test in a non-conspicuous area of each surface beforehand. I've seen a 50% iso remove the dye from leather (albeit it was on a Ferrari) and the plastics on a Tesla Model 3. The first generations of the Ford King Ranch series also had leather seats that were testy with some cleaning solutions.

Thanks. I've got some isopropyl wipes, I'll test them and give it a good wipe down.

Back