• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Toyota News Insurance company

CBrob

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2020 SR DCSB Auto
Magnetic Gray
I've been with usaa for like 30 years now...
But they are not quite as awesome as they used to be.
Anyone found an insurer that really stands out as awesome?
I'll look up my premium and update this post.

I'm at about 125 a month for the 2020 sr taco.

Well I just switched to GEICO.
Both tacos insured full coverage, and my trailer for 115 a month.
Even upgraded to 150/300 k bodily injury.

USAA is fucking trash. Been with Geico for 11 years now and pay $1000 a year to cover all of my vehicles with $0 deductibles.

Geico is great been with them for years including home insurance..

Auto ..for a few dollars more ..get the tow package...not sure if covers off roads?..
I use them twice for my no longer Nissan Xterra..no cost ..
Aloha

Adding fuel to the fire. USAA won't cover more than $5K in custom mods. WTH.
I guess I can only hope it's that any accident would not result in a total loss. Then I can pick and choose what I want replaced.

Try Travelers. I’m not sure what they cover for mods or bed campers. I switched to them about a year ago and so far they’ve been good. Lot cheaper then Amica.
If you’re 50+ and an aarp member you can try The Hartford. Shit company to work for but they seem to good with cost. As long as you have no accidents or tickets. I don’t remember what they have for coverage on mods and stuff. Been about a year since I quit that job.

Geico had been good for m us, home owners, vehicles, plus free towing , use it three times saving me money on tows.
I was a faithful to AARP for over 18 years, they kept rising their prices. Geico became cheaper then AARP. I switch.
Geico services , when I call Geico , the people are always friendly and willing to help. (Hawaii)
Today even if I find a cheaper insurance, I think I will remain with Geico, because of the great services they provide. Quality and its strength to provide!
Aloha

Note: Geico home owners do not offer replacement roofs for a home when the roofing become old. My neighbor has Allstate his homeowners cover replacement for old roofs. Costing over $15,000 ,his part was under $2,000. I had to pay full price to replace my roof, last year.
Aloha

Last edited by a moderator:
Car insurance are not all the same , many variables, hard to compare apples to apples? Each one has there own charges for its many categories.
You will want to deal with a reputable companies. Hassle free.
Aloha

Most insurance companies will start you with a low rate. They slowly increase those rates the longer you’re with the them. Even if you remain accident and ticket free. Insurance companies do look at how long you’ve been with your current carrier when you start shopping for a new carrier. The longer you’ve been with you’re current carrier will definitely help when shopping for new insurance. If you have any lapse in coverage, even if it’s one day, it will hurt you. They will rape you. No lube, extra sand.

I've been with usaa for like 30 years now...
But they are not quite as awesome as they used to be.
Anyone found an insurer that really stands out as awesome?
I'll look up my premium and update this post.
If you are a Costco member, consider getting a quote from their Connect insurance option, managed by American Family Insurance. We have the house, autos and an umbrella policy through them. Best price we could find for exceptional coverage. If you are a Costco Executive member, you get free roadside assistance and home lockout coverage. We had USAA for years, until they opened up their doors to anyone who can spell "military." Which is when their premiums, coverage and customer service began to suck.

Last edited:
When searching for insurance quotes, every insurance company is monitoring you. They know you are searching.
Just like the Airlines , Every time you search for prices ,they are monitoring you. When go back to the cheaper airlines, don’t be surprised the quote prices went up.

Any search engines , someone is watching you. Monitoring our every moves.
———
I was with AARP car insurance for over 18 years, my policy kept rising. I search around,Geico “save” me a couple of hundred dollars, plus the services I received . Easy to call, very little waiting time to get a real person. Handle all my claims quickly. And locally (Hawaii ) when I call I get someone from Hawaii.

AARP kept sending notice to come back? As a member of AARP, for all those years, I can’t go back when there rates were more expensive!

If someone provides excellent services even if it may cost me a little more, I’ll will stay with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back