• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Archived Improvements to the website search function are live

This thread is now an archive that does not accept new posts. If you wish to add to this discussion, you should create a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler

🔟 Mythical
Badministrator
Volunteer T3G Editor
Reaction score
Website
tacoma3g.com
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Quicksand
Hey guys,

As you may know, I've been working on a "2.0" version of the website for a while. The entire revision is time consuming so I occasionally try to launch some of its smaller features early, such as this one....

The search function on tacoma3g.com should now be a little more useful. For one, it will perform better behind the scenes - returning you better results. It will also try to help you find relevant info in a few other ways:
  • Search function will return better results
  • You will now be able to search keywords that are only 2 or 3 characters long. Previously, every word in your search had to have 4 or more characters. This was annoying because you couldn't receive results if keywords like "trd" and "oil" were contained anywhere in your search. The new system doesn't care what you write - it will just give you what you wanted, same as a Google search would do.
    • Screen Shot 2022-05-12 at 6.32.00 PM.png

• Screen Shot 2022-05-12 at 6.32.10 PM.png
  • When you begin to create a new thread, the forum will show you a small list of related discussions. While typing the title of your new thread, a box will appear with other threads that contain information relevant to your thread's title. As you type your thread's title, the list will instantly change to become more relevant. If any of those threads sound useful, you can open them in a new browser tab and check them out later.
    • Screen Shot 2022-05-12 at 6.34.03 PM.png
  • When you are reading through a thread, you will notice a new box at the bottom of each page, showing similar threads to the one you are reading. Similar to above, if any of those threads sound useful, you can open them in a new browser tab and check them out later.
    • Screen Shot 2022-05-12 at 6.37.19 PM.png

For now, that's it for this particular update. I have a handful of other improvements and new pages coming that will also make finding content on the website a bit easier. 👍

Awesome. I just noticed the similar thread box before your post and thought that was cool.

AWESOME work @Tyler ! Updated search is going to be super helpful!
I used to run into a lot of limitations with the old one. I couldn’t search “37s” because it’s 3 characters. I couldn’t search “kc hilites” because of the “kc” part. So I’m glad that’s not a problem anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back