• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

I'm the new guy

kirk1015

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
PLEASE FORGIVE THE LONG STORY:
I'm returning to Toyota after a 20 year absence. My first Toyota was my Mother's 1990 Corolla Wagon DX. Slow as hell, but got me to work and down to Seaside NJ for my Senior Prom party in 1994. A Corolla going 100 MPH down the Garden State Parkway was something I would kick myself for doing now. My 2nd Toyota was 1992 4x2 Pick-Up (essential the Hilux for the U.S. that I inherited from my Dad when he passed away in 1997. When I sold that Truck in 2002 it had 150K on it and you would never know it.
I strayed away from Toyota to none other that VW. 1999 "NEW" Beetle (don't judge) that was the worst VW I've ever owned. Had a 2008 Honda Civic, and a 2012 Beetle. Both of which I regret trading in.
Long story short, My 2017 VW Jetta GLi was totaled in Jan of 2022. Not the best time to need a new car. Was going to get a 22 Golf GTi, but the wait time was 6 months. At the behest of my dear sweet Mother and my Girlfriend (both of them have 2016 Camry's) , I went to look at Toyota. The Tacoma was the first thing I looked at. I didn't want a Corolla, or a Camry and an RAV4 was not something I really needed. I ended up with a 22 TRD Sport. Decided not to go for the Off-Road as I don't intend to go off roading. Truck took 3 months to get and I got it in April. Still at MSRP, Not too bad. Loving this truck so far. I just have to remember that I can't take turns like I did in the GLi. The truck doesn't like that.
Eventually, I am getting a small trailer to move my 1974 VW Beetle to be restored. I don't think this truck will give me one issue. Here is the truck the day after I brought it home.

Attachments

• tempImagepkmi2q.png
    tempImagepkmi2q.png
    2 MB · Views: 84
Welcome to the forum and welcome back to Toyota trucks. Thanks for sharing your story, and beautiful truck. Let me know if you need any help around the website.

Welcome! As stated in the other thread, I drove a '74 standard beetle in high school. Enjoy the Tacoma!

Welcome! we pulled our '58 Field & Stream (14' trailer if I remember correctly) with my '16 Tacoma TRD Sport, you should be good!

Back