• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Icon RXT Leaf Springs - Option 1 or 2

Heisenberg

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
Howdy,

I'm sure there are many of you who are running these springs. I just bought some and I am really having a hard time deciding on installing them as they come(option 1) or replacing the 3 leaf and going option 2. My truck is daily driven and most of the time the bed is empty which makes me lean towards option 1. I do have a rear steel bumper, blitz from Victory 4x4 which they tell me is approximately 90-100 pounds and a bakflip roll up bed cover which is about 40 pounds. So my other thought is to go to option 2 because I have some added weight and don't want to sag when I do load the bed with camping gear and the like. My only worry with option 2 is when the bed is empty whether the ride will be too stiff.

If you have any experience with this leaf pack I would love to hear your feedback.

Thanks,
Heisenberg

I'd do option 2, and toss a sand bag or two in the back when not loaded up otherwise.
I'm running stock trdpro rear leaf springs which are fine unloaded, but I regularly load up and wish I had a heavier spring.

Option 2.

You’ll be okay with your current weight on option 2 daily driving. I ran option 2 with only a 33” spare in the bed for daily driving and it wasn’t uncomfortable.

Back