• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

How to reset maintenance reminder??

Drnick

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Just as stated above, 2021 SR5 , what’s the sequence in regards to clearing of that reminder on dashboard? Thx

Light Reset Instructions:
Press and hold the trip meter reset nob (next to your Toyota Tacoma's odometer). While holding the trip meter reset nob, turn the ignition to 'ON', but do not start your Toyota Tacoma. Hold the meter reset until the MAINT REQD light switches off.

You can scroll through settings on steering wheel also. There is a choice there to reset maintanance warning.
Easier.

Light Reset Instructions:
Press and hold the trip meter reset nob (next to your Toyota Tacoma's odometer). While holding the trip meter reset nob, turn the ignition to 'ON', but do not start your Toyota Tacoma. Hold the meter reset until the MAINT REQD light switches off.
I just got here from Google because I can never remember how to do this. Thank you lol

I always forget just in time for the light to come back on, despite this not being my first Toyota with this procedure...

I just do it thru the settings on the dash using the steering wheel buttons.. sm easier haha

Back