• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

T3G Feedback and questions about Tacoma3G.com - How can our community and website be better?

Love the forum man! I haven’t been on Tacoma world since I found it. It’s kind of hard for me to do things on here from my phone so I’m usually only on here when I have my laptop out. Trying to be more active though

Or do people just generally like to read everything and either feel they have nothing they need to add or use the "like" button as their response?

For the most part, that's me. Or, I don't really know the answer and can't speak with confidence.

Other than that, I hang out and post on here wayyyy more often than on TW. I only have an account on there to part take in Group Buys, keep up with MESO Customs drops ? , use install walk-throughs, or ask technical questions about something that may have been super vetted out already, has way more thread history, and a quick answer is always bound the happen. I once posted an opinion on there and just got roasted to flames by hive mentality elitists.

The background idea is great, I definitely like that. The darker vs lighter doesn’t bother me but I’m sure some will enjoy it.

I do notice it goes down and it kinda frustrating so good thing you are changing, being proactive is a great way to grow!

I do find myself “liking” things to stay engaged so that may be the difference now days. There is a ton of info on here so reading and reading is what I started doing.

I think maybe starting a new discussion topic everyday will keep people engaged more, more time spent on the site. That can be done by any of the members too.

Keep on doing your thing man, it’s a great site and I haven’t heard any negatives on it. Everyone may be home or less busy with work, but most are trying to keep their kids busy or doing work around the house. So you would think with a nationwide shut down more people would turn to social media, at least thats what I thought!

Love this forum. I do lots of research before buying parts and everyone here has been super helpful and I haven’t seen a single person who likes to ruffle the feathers of others so to speak. Like stated above, sometimes I don’t get notifications which can be a little annoying but not a huge issue as I’m not a vendor or a well known person who may get a bunch of questions regularly. This is still a newer forum I would say so there’s plenty of room to grow and it can only get better from here! Keep it up Tyler!

I check this page probably 10-20 times a day. It's just part of my normal web surf cycle. I usually don't dig into many posts though. If the red number is up on the bell I'll click that and see what's up. I usually don't post unless I have something to say and during the Covid lockdown I have only been driving my truck about once every 2 weeks so it's not top-of-mind. Once summer gets here and I can go outside again I'm sure it will cycle back up.

I enjoy this page alot. Gives me ideas and projects that I can do on my own. Plus I haven't had any bad responses on hear with people telling me to go find it somewhere else, as with other forums. So yeah so far definitely good thing here

All of that sounds really awesome! As a vendor I've noticed a few things and well it's not unique to this forum either. But sometimes I don't receive notifications of PMs, someone quoting me, or tagging me. Now for a regular member this can be a little annoying for a vendor it can be really bad look when dealing with customers. We are on so many forums and I personally spend a lot of my time on TW sometimes I rely to heavily on the notifications. I can do a better job being more active here to help some of that. Just thought I'd point out an observation.

Keep up the great work! We are enjoying being a part of this community!

Skip
That should not be the case with alerts. All of those should be giving you an alert on the forum and, if you want to, they can also send you an email. Check all of your alert settings here: https://tacoma3g.com/account/preferences

Let me know if this doesn't fix it.
Love the forum man! I haven’t been on Tacoma world since I found it. It’s kind of hard for me to do things on here from my phone so I’m usually only on here when I have my laptop out. Trying to be more active though
Thank you. What is it about the mobile view that you don't like?
For the most part, that's me. Or, I don't really know the answer and can't speak with confidence.

Other than that, I hang out and post on here wayyyy more often than on TW. I only have an account on there to part take in Group Buys, keep up with MESO Customs drops ? , use install walk-throughs, or ask technical questions about something that may have been super vetted out already, has way more thread history, and a quick answer is always bound the happen. I once posted an opinion on there and just got roasted to flames by hive mentality elitists.
Thanks, I'm glad you dig it here. TW does give you faster answers. It also gives you faster roasts, lol.
The background idea is great, I definitely like that. The darker vs lighter doesn’t bother me but I’m sure some will enjoy it.

I do notice it goes down and it kinda frustrating so good thing you are changing, being proactive is a great way to grow!

I do find myself “liking” things to stay engaged so that may be the difference now days. There is a ton of info on here so reading and reading is what I started doing.

I think maybe starting a new discussion topic everyday will keep people engaged more, more time spent on the site. That can be done by any of the members too.

Keep on doing your thing man, it’s a great site and I haven’t heard any negatives on it. Everyone may be home or less busy with work, but most are trying to keep their kids busy or doing work around the house. So you would think with a nationwide shut down more people would turn to social media, at least thats what I thought!
That all makes sense. Thank you for the feedback.
Love this forum. I do lots of research before buying parts and everyone here has been super helpful and I haven’t seen a single person who likes to ruffle the feathers of others so to speak. Like stated above, sometimes I don’t get notifications which can be a little annoying but not a huge issue as I’m not a vendor or a well known person who may get a bunch of questions regularly. This is still a newer forum I would say so there’s plenty of room to grow and it can only get better from here! Keep it up Tyler!
Awesome, that's good to hear. For the notifications, try going through your notification settings here: https://tacoma3g.com/account/preferences

Let me know if it doesn't help or if your settings already seem correct.
I check this page probably 10-20 times a day. It's just part of my normal web surf cycle. I usually don't dig into many posts though. If the red number is up on the bell I'll click that and see what's up. I usually don't post unless I have something to say and during the Covid lockdown I have only been driving my truck about once every 2 weeks so it's not top-of-mind. Once summer gets here and I can go outside again I'm sure it will cycle back up.
All good, I appreciate you checking back all day. Even that helps as it's traffic to the site.

Nope I've got everything turned on and email. I'm too dumb to know even where the hiccup would be for this kind of thing but it happens on every forum we are on and the different servers. Some are worse than others for sure. This one isn't bad by any means just thought I'd bring it to your attention.

Nope I've got everything turned on and email. I'm too dumb to know even where the hiccup would be for this kind of thing but it happens on every forum we are on and the different servers. Some are worse than others for sure. This one isn't bad by any means just thought I'd bring it to your attention.
That's very weird. It shouldn't be happening. I'm going to look into it further though -- thanks for bringing it up.

The one minor minor issue I have is it seems like pictures take longer to load on here than on other sites. Other than that keep up the good work.

The one minor minor issue I have is it seems like pictures take longer to load on here than on other sites. Other than that keep up the good work.
Thanks. I think that will be fixed when I move servers. It is going to be a serious upgrade. I might even get this done tonight.

Being a newb here I don’t really have much to say. I have been a part of a few Jeep forums as well as a couple Nissan forums. Seems like this is better then those so far. Definitely like the fact that I haven’t seen much bashing on here for certain things that people mod. Almost like most are actually adults on here. Haha. I’m enjoying the threads. I try and pick a new one and just browse through the new one each night. First time owning a Tacoma so I like to read random things about them to learn. Keep up the good work Sir!

I love this site and visit constantly. Only thing I’ve noticed is the low post count - but at the same time it’s quality versus quantity. TW might get 1,000+ posts per day but it’s all crap.

CustomGM had a chat box feature in the header that I really liked. Seemed like guys would hang out on the site just to chat to each other. It was also good for getting a quick answer to a quick question ?

I love this site and visit constantly. Only thing I’ve noticed is the low post count - but at the same time it’s quality versus quantity. TW might get 1,000+ posts per day but it’s all crap.

CustomGM had a chat box feature in the header that I really liked. Seemed like guys would hang out on the site just to chat to each other. It was also good for getting a quick answer to a quick question ?
I thought about the chat box, but as our posts per day are already kind of low, I think the chat box would just make it much worse.

Thank you for the kind words though!

This forum is waaaaaaaaay better than TW. I feel like people can post here without getting flamed and actually get some constructive responses. People here aren't elitist douchebags and are a pleasure to interact with. At least that has been my experience so far. I think that you are doing a great job, and Im sure that any changes that you make will benefit everyone. Keep up the work. I know its alot of work to keep a forum up.

This is a great forum compared to other ones I have been on. It’s an endless collection of knowledge and ideas. The only problem I have run into is viewing pics. A lot of times when I click on a photo half of it is cut off.

I haven't been on this forum long enough to see any improvements that need to be made. I think the forum is great. I just bought a Tacoma and this forum works for me. Lots of info here that is helping me research products for my build.

This forum is waaaaaaaaay better than TW. I feel like people can post here without getting flamed and actually get some constructive responses. People here aren't elitist douchebags and are a pleasure to interact with. At least that has been my experience so far. I think that you are doing a great job, and Im sure that any changes that you make will benefit everyone. Keep up the work. I know its alot of work to keep a forum up.
Thank you, I love that! As you guys know, the lack of elitism and flaming is what we aim for here.
Just letting you know that it was way quicker uploading pics since you switched servers! Thank you!
Wow, you were quick to let me know. Are you really noticing a big difference? That’s great.
This is a great forum compared to other ones I have been on. It’s an endless collection of knowledge and ideas. The only problem I have run into is viewing pics. A lot of times when I click on a photo half of it is cut off.
I know what you mean about the photos. I was told that it’s an iPhone thing and not a forum thing. But that doesn’t make any sense to me. I’m going to look into it again because it bothers me too.

For now, when only half of it loads, you should be able to tap it a second time to get the other half to load.

I haven't been on this forum long enough to see any improvements that need to be made. I think the forum is great. I just bought a Tacoma and this forum works for me. Lots of info here that is helping me research products for my build.
Thank you. That alone is great to hear.

Im also new ro forums in general. But everyone has been really nice on my one post 😂 Now if only i could say the same for Toyota (dont) Care

Tyler,

yeah I uploaded 3 pics last night and it took about 10 seconds for all 3 to upload.
That is great to hear. I was really hoping that would be the case.
Im also new ro forums in general. But everyone has been really nice on my one post 😂 Now if only i could say the same for Toyota (dont) Care
Let me know if you need any help with the functions of the forum!

Testing image upload speed...

18843298-49CB-4D12-BAB0-883AE59CB8D7.jpeg

Honestly...I don't usually comment on any thread unless it relates to what I'm wanting to do or have done and trying to research. So if I have a question that isn't already answered, I'll ask. I feel that maybe responses or interaction seems low because people aren't commenting unnecessary remarks. Like compared to TW where people go off on tangents or get off topic... or even start bashing people...I feel that this isn't like that... which in my opinion is great!

I think overall this forum is great.

As an IT professional, I MUCH prefer the T3G site over TW. Nice to be on a site that looks like it was made this decade. It’s nice on mobile and desktop too which is super helpful.

That being said, TW is very popular because it caters to all gens while this site is more specific to 3G. So naturally less people here, but I think it’s better that way.

I do notice the lack of new posts. Usually it’s you or other mods. Sometimes I log in and see 5-10 threads I can contribute to and other times I don’t.

On TW my favorite threads are the ones specific to each truck type (MGM, Quicksand, Cement, etc.). I’ve found many people just like to see pictures of their same type of truck to see what they like for future mods.

Maybe having those threads (or a thread with links to them) be sticky in 3Gen Discussion could help.

Also, love the idea of the ROTM contest. However I've noticed that unless you're early you won't get the votes. So people that have awesome pictures but post a few days late don't have a chance.

Think a better way to do it is to open a window for submissions, lock in submissions, then have a voting window for all the submissions.

Honestly...I don't usually comment on any thread unless it relates to what I'm wanting to do or have done and trying to research. So if I have a question that isn't already answered, I'll ask. I feel that maybe responses or interaction seems low because people aren't commenting unnecessary remarks. Like compared to TW where people go off on tangents or get off topic... or even start bashing people...I feel that this isn't like that... which in my opinion is great!

I think overall this forum is great.
That makes a lot of sense. A lot of the posts there are pretty much little cliques talking about bullshit in on-topic threads, or flaming people. I won't say there isn't a lot of good content still mixed in, because there is.
As an IT professional, I MUCH prefer the T3G site over TW. Nice to be on a site that looks like it was made this decade. It’s nice on mobile and desktop too which is super helpful.

That being said, TW is very popular because it caters to all gens while this site is more specific to 3G. So naturally less people here, but I think it’s better that way.

I do notice the lack of new posts. Usually it’s you or other mods. Sometimes I log in and see 5-10 threads I can contribute to and other times I don’t.

On TW my favorite threads are the ones specific to each truck type (MGM, Quicksand, Cement, etc.). I’ve found many people just like to see pictures of their same type of truck to see what they like for future mods.

Maybe having those threads (or a thread with links to them) be sticky in 3Gen Discussion could help.
Thanks, those threads do exist, but they don't get posted in much. I made those threads in our photos section. I know they are popular on TW and I also enjoy looking through them. But for some reason, no one really posted their trucks in those threads here.
Also, love the idea of the ROTM contest. However I've noticed that unless you're early you won't get the votes. So people that have awesome pictures but post a few days late don't have a chance.

Think a better way to do it is to open a window for submissions, lock in submissions, then have a voting window for all the submissions.
I also love the RotM, I'm so glad we are doing that every month now. You are very right about that problem and I wasn't sure how to deal with it, but your suggestion is great. We're going to move to that system next month.

I enjoy the forum, and appreciate your hard work into it. Now, if I can only hit the lottery to afford some of the builds in here.... stay safe my 3 G Friends

I'd like to add that I want forums to stay around and be strong. A lot of people post in Facebook groups, and I personally find it super annoying, the same stupid questions over and over, and I feel it turns people into babies, just waiting there til the world comes to answer their questions.

So happy to be apart of this forum and others, long live forums

Back