• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

How’s everyone holdin' up? T3G's therapeutic mental health and general chat thread.

For myself, I have good days and bad days. After 2 deployments and seeing some messed up stuff over seas it can be a struggle daily. I take each day as it comes. I look to my family and friends to help me through it. Having 2 little ones who depend on me to provide and care for them has helped me keep moving forward each day. As far as now I have lucked out during this whole virus situation going on with working a split schedule, work one week, next week off. Been able to get a lot of things done that I have been pushing off around the house which makes me less stressed about getting those things done.
With that being said, Don’t anyone on here be afraid to reach out. I may not have all the answers, but I’m sure as hell a great listener.
thank you for ur service

Personally, I'm fine, totally hate the current situation like everyone else. This country has lost its freaking mind. I try and stay out of all of the bullshit..I have friends loosing business's left and right. I am in the Hospitality, Restaurant world. which has been turned upside down. Luckily, I am still a float, and praying for better times.

My thoughts and prayers for you brother. It is never easy to lose anyone let alone a parent. Take time for yourself and be with your family. We love you like family man and will watch this for you until you return. I just saw your post and didn’t know you are a Marine. Semper Fi.

Hang in there Tyler. It's never easy losing someone. Words cant explain it. We'll be here and thinking of you and your family.

That sucks. I'm sorry buddy.

So sorry to hear that Tyler...stay strong man, sending some prayers!

My condolences to you and your family.

Thanks again all. Really special thing we have in this thread and on T3G.

He was suffering and now he isn’t. He looked so at peace at the wake last night. We felt like we lost him a year ago so we feel at peace ourselves knowing he gets to be his true self again, without the disease and with his best friend (his old dog).

I will be back around the forum gradually this weekend. Need to get Rig of the Year going too!

Personally, I'm fine, totally hate the current situation like everyone else. This country has lost its freaking mind. I try and stay out of all of the bullshit..I have friends loosing business's left and right. I am in the Hospitality, Restaurant world. which has been turned upside down. Luckily, I am still a float, and praying for better times.
So. Much. This.

Breaking new records everyday. Paige is back in lockdown at her job (she works with covid patients). We just want to hit the road in our camper. Come on, country, behave so I can go overland!

Gotta say, this is an awesome thread to read through. It puts some of my own problems into perspective but also shows how many of us are running into the same problems.

Personally, I'm still starting to go mildly nuts with the lockdowns anymore. The real part that's getting to me is the SAME routine day in and day out. The holidays were a great break for me, my little brother flew in for 3 weeks, so we had the whole family together during it. We had a week or so off of work, then just worked at the parents' house for a week together. As soon as I took him to the airport, I got back to my house and was hit with the same wall of just complete loneliness. It's just been me and the dog... and there's barely an end in sight. My office has been shut down for 10 months, and I never really made friends around here. I'm a real introvert, and always enjoy time by myself, but I'm starting to see the real downfall of only having a few good friends now.

I've been keeping myself occupied in my free time by playing with the truck, and prepping it to drive around the country to work from the it/hotels. It's been a lot of fun tearing through these forums, and trying to figure out the best way to prioritize my money for this. So I thank you all for being very active on the forums, and having some good build threads.

Things have been crappy. I’d like to get back to normal. I’ve had no motivation to even get basic chores done. And I’m slacking on T3G once again.
Yeah, motivation has been a big problem for me as well. Especially in the last couple weeks and I don't know why. I'm still trying to get myself to edit videos for my channel that I recorded 4+ months ago. More worrisome is that I just don't want to do my job, like, at all.

Yeah, motivation has been a big problem for me as well. Especially in the last couple weeks and I don't know why. I'm still trying to get myself to edit videos for my channel that I recorded 4+ months ago. More worrisome is that I just don't want to do my job, like, at all.
I have people around me that are really feeling it with the job too. Go to work, grind at work and don't enjoy it, come home, sleep, do it again. Meh.

I have people around me that are really feeling it with the job too. Go to work, grind at work and don't enjoy it, come home, sleep, do it again. Meh.
Yeah, I've got a birthday this weekend and I'm old enough where birthdays are not fun anymore. Normally I run a food contest at work to distract myself but that's not an option this year so I'm going to go hide in the woods.

I wouldn't worry about slacking on the forums. Everything is still up and running. No worries there.

I find when I get that way, that I have to turn my eyeballs back around, away from myself.

Feeling the same here. Had a slight change in jobs, but everything still feels like the same grind.

Been trying to workout more to get some extra endorphins moving. Turns out kettlebells are awful, and it's helping.

Feeling the same here. Had a slight change in jobs, but everything still feels like the same grind.

Been trying to workout more to get some extra endorphins moving. Turns out kettlebells are awful, and it's helping.
Lifting always helps. The hardest part is doing it.

Lifting always helps. The hardest part is doing it.
Good. and "Conquer you inner bitch" - Jocko and Rogan are some of my best inspirations to just do shit that I hate.

My hyper German Shepherd makes me go for hikes every morning, that isn't a choice. I always need a bit of help to make me do more during the day. Those two help. Fair warning, if you're really feeling off. Don't feel bad for taking some days off too. I've definitely made myself feel worse for some needed Rest and Recovery by thinking I needed to work harder that day.

Is anyone else just not feeling it anymore? Like I was so excited about having parts to put on and YouTube to make and Instagram to post and now I just want to lay around depressed and shit. Like for real. I spent the last couple days sitting in the closet against my safe cleaning my guns just wondering very dark and bad thoughts. I got past it so don’t be super worried about me but like idk. I’m just meh all of a sudden.

Is anyone else just not feeling it anymore? Like I was so excited about having parts to put on and YouTube to make and Instagram to post and now I just want to lay around depressed and shit. Like for real. I spent the last couple days sitting in the closet against my safe cleaning my guns just wondering very dark and bad thoughts. I got past it so don’t be super worried about me but like idk. I’m just meh all of a sudden.

thats weird cause I felt the same way about everything the past few days. Didn’t want to do anything at all. Just now trying to get back into it. Head up man 👊☝️

This is me, 100%.

I totally hyped up my camper, building the camper, living on the road, and filming it all for YouTube.

Corona hit and I gave up on all of that. It’s almost been a year. I have boxes of parts in my garage. My truck is 2,000 miles overdue on an oil change. The steering is all fucked up. Headlights are flickering. And a bunch of other maintenance is needed that I have been ignoring.

Between the covid situation and now the cold winter, I just can’t bring myself to fix the truck or start building my camper. I’m still going to be living on the road but I know it isn’t going to happen until spring at the earliest so I have no motivation to hurry up and get to work.

I don’t have much interest in filming videos about any of it and I’m losing interest with posting stuff on IG.

I spend most of my free time driving around aimlessly (therapeutic for me) or watching YouTube with my wife. We’re done with this and we want to get healthy.

I have four that on the rare occasion that I get a bit depressed I plan a camping trip to unplug. I go out for a weekend and get away from people, electronics, work and out to nature. that is what word for me. even in the cold it can be good to get out. My garage is collecting parts for the truck and I won't be putting them on till the weather breaks so the excitement of parts coming in is good for me. But best of all just look in the mirror and realize we are all amazing.

Nights like tonight, my mental health is good.
Dog is keeping watch, I am having a cigar & Woodford Double Oak in a tee shirt in 30 deg weather and snow, the fireplace and heaters make the difference. Nothing to worry about, just cooling out

Attachments

• 17B81D84-27D4-4D1D-9027-F4B673CCCFF4.jpeg
    17B81D84-27D4-4D1D-9027-F4B673CCCFF4.jpeg
    320.7 KB · Views: 45
  • F07EB0F1-D876-406D-95B2-B65D251C9DF9.jpeg
    F07EB0F1-D876-406D-95B2-B65D251C9DF9.jpeg
    445.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 947767CC-1077-4963-A8E7-B14D1B097911.jpeg
    947767CC-1077-4963-A8E7-B14D1B097911.jpeg
    435.3 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Hey everyone, wanted to drop a quick note to validate so much of what y'all have expressed here. Pertinent background - I'm a healthcare provider, and I work in a *busy* inner city emergency room. I take care of folks from all walks of life, and to put it quite simply, there hasn't been a single demographic of human not affected by the current state of the world, and this includes healthcare staff. On any given day, there are exactly 7492838 reasons to be stressed out, overwhelmed, anxious, and uncertain about the paths that we're on in life. And these are pre-covid numbers. Add in a pandemic, and all the social, political, personal, and emotional implications that come with, and well, you don't need me to do the math--it's a lot.

Though I sense that most of you already understand this, I hope that no one believes they are alone in their struggles. This is some really messed up stuff we're dealing with, but communities like this (and humans like you) that are willing to open up and share your experiences are the key to us pulling through this. "They win by making you think you're alone." (They being all of our pervasive negative thoughts and anxieties, and not The Final Order...iykyk) Thanks to Tyler for creating this forum, which obviously was designed for a completely different purpose, but has remained a space of positivity, for truck stuff, and life stuff too.

Hey everyone, wanted to drop a quick note to validate so much of what y'all have expressed here. Pertinent background - I'm a healthcare provider, and I work in a *busy* inner city emergency room. I take care of folks from all walks of life, and to put it quite simply, there hasn't been a single demographic of human not affected by the current state of the world, and this includes healthcare staff. On any given day, there are exactly 7492838 reasons to be stressed out, overwhelmed, anxious, and uncertain about the paths that we're on in life. And these are pre-covid numbers. Add in a pandemic, and all the social, political, personal, and emotional implications that come with, and well, you don't need me to do the math--it's a lot.

Though I sense that most of you already understand this, I hope that no one believes they are alone in their struggles. This is some really messed up stuff we're dealing with, but communities like this (and humans like you) that are willing to open up and share your experiences are the key to us pulling through this. "They win by making you think you're alone." (They being all of our pervasive negative thoughts and anxieties, and not The Final Order...iykyk) Thanks to Tyler for creating this forum, which obviously was designed for a completely different purpose, but has remained a space of positivity, for truck stuff, and life stuff too.
🖤

I just got out of a 3 day long fog of being stuck in my bed. Asleep for nearly the entire 3 days. It’s awful when that happens. I don’t know if it has to do with bipolar or something else.

I just got out of a 3 day long fog of being stuck in my bed. Asleep for nearly the entire 3 days. It’s awful when that happens. I don’t know if it has to do with bipolar or something else.
Welcome back to the land of the living. Probably COVID. 🤷‍♂️

Been dealing with quite a bit since the last time I posted here. I struggled with some demons heavily last month. I was talked out of it, and thank god for the people that sat with me and listened for hours. I will be forever thankful. I feel like a new man.

I stopped drinking the day after my struggle with my demons and I am 4 weeks sober. Started seeing someone, who has had a lasting impact on my mental health. She is my rock.

Love you all and am here for you if you need anything.

Been dealing with quite a bit since the last time I posted here. I struggled with some demons heavily last month. I was talked out of it, and thank god for the people that sat with me and listened for hours. I will be forever thankful. I feel like a new man.

I stopped drinking the day after my struggle with my demons and I am 4 weeks sober. Started seeing someone, who has had a lasting impact on my mental health. She is my rock.

Love you all and am here for you if you need anything.
I'm 16 months sober, keep up the good work

I know like a lot of other people out there, I just have not been feeling "it" lately. Before Covid I thought working from home would be something that I would enjoy. No dealing with traffic, not having to have awkward conversations with those co-worker you try and avoid, the list goes on. But now after about a year of working from home, having camp sites canceled, and life completely changing I am beginning to notice just how burnt out I really am. There is no motivation for work, it feels like I move the mouse around to keep teams green. Working out was always my outlet from my teen years to multiple deployments and now there is even no joy in that. I know that I am lucky to have a great job, a loving girl friend, and the best dog anyone could ask for, but gotta admit it has been rough lately. I know things will get better and I have to hold myself accountable to make it better as well. I gotta say writing this stuff out feels pretty damn good.

I am making myself work on the truck. It’s colder than shit out but I think I need the tinker time. I’m falling more and more into depression and I think doing something with the truck will help. Even though it’s like 10 degrees outside.

Back