• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

How’s everyone holdin' up? T3G's therapeutic mental health and general chat thread.

Life has been full of stress and it's not gonna let up anytime soon. After 13 years with my place of employment they're drastically downsizing my plant, and of course I'm not one of the people that's going to be kept. +/- 2 weeks from Jan. 8th will be my last day. Unfortunately everyone is hiring right now and if I want my $13K severance pay I have to stay until the end. Hard to tell what work will be available come Jan. or if we'll be in another lockdown.

Plus side, I was able to save $200 a month by paying of cell phones, changing my plan and removing streaming services. Also, the girlfriend was able to find a place that will save another $100 a month in rent. That was a big stress with our rent going up and 99% of places not allowing German Shepard's.

With money being saved, time to pay down credit cards and bi-weekly pay still coming in after I'm let go, I know I'm in a relatively good situation, but can't seem to remove the weight I've been feeling.

Usually I take hikes and do some photography to take my mind of things but being locked in on 2nd shift and usually getting stuck with 3PM-3AM shifts have really taken that away from me. Oh well, one day at a time, one foot in front of the other and so on.

Keep positive thoughts, it will get better. If the one thing that has helped me over the years is to never stress about money. Losing a job sucks, but when a new door opens it is better. But money comes and goes, life doesn’t. Get out there and go hiking, make time for yourself.

Head up man! 👊💪

My dad is not even a human being anymore because of dementia. Not even 61 yet. Definitely hitting the emotions hard.

I see a lot of patients with dementia through my work. It is terrifying, heartbreaking, and a devastating disease process. I am sorry you and your family have to go through it with your father.

I can’t remember if I ever posted this here. But in this video I was driving around with him. After over a year of not hearing him be able to speak sentences that make any sense, he suddenly started singing the correct lyrics (better before I filled it) to some of his favorite songs from 20+ years ago. I cry every time I watch.

View attachment 25635

Sorry to hear that Tyler :( Some say it's harder for the people witnessing it than the person going through it but it sucks either way. I'm really sorry to hear that. I think it's something that has either impacted someone's loved ones already or it will at some point as we age. There's been a lot of new research in the field but not enough remedies or solutions yet. It's very difficult to see people tune in and out of who they are. Scary at times for sure. Be strong man.

Sorry to hear that Tyler :( Some say it's harder for the people witnessing it than the person going through it but it sucks either way. I'm really sorry to hear that. I think it's something that has either impacted someone's loved ones already or it will at some point as we age. There's been a lot of new research in the field but not enough remedies or solutions yet. It's very difficult to see people tune in and out of who they are. Scary at times for sure. Be strong man.
That's the thing; no solutions. And he's too young for it.

He worked so hard (too hard) from 18-58 for what basically seems like no payoff.

Tyler,
I'm sure you feel overwhelmed, but I'm going to give you a shoutout for actually caring and hanging with your dad. I've had a lot of patients who waste away alone, their families too preoccupied to care. Part of the reason it's hard for you is because of good memories and love for your dad...and you wouldn't want it any other way.
Hang in there, man. Wish I could help you out by watching him personally or just being around.

Tyler,
I'm sure you feel overwhelmed, but I'm going to give you a shoutout for actually caring and hanging with your dad. I've had a lot of patients who waste away alone, their families too preoccupied to care. Part of the reason it's hard for you is because of good memories and love for your dad...and you wouldn't want it any other way.
Hang in there, man. Wish I could help you out by watching him personally or just being around.
Thank you.

I’m just ready for Covid to be over. I feel locked in this never ending portal of go to work, wear a mask, go to store, wear a mask, go home. Be alone. It blows. Plus it’s ruined the relationship with my family. I’m getting married October 10th and none of my family from out of state is allowed to come. Most of the invites have said no. It sucks. Even as a guy I’ve dreamed of a big wedding (I’m catholic everything is big) and I don’t get it.

the only light in the dark is I’ve been able to work on my truck and start another project. Hopefully will be getting a 1989 Toyota truck that I’m going to solid axle swap and put a 7.3 power stroke in. But still. It’s not the same.

A
I’m just ready for Covid to be over. I feel locked in this never ending portal of go to work, wear a mask, go to store, wear a mask, go home. Be alone. It blows. Plus it’s ruined the relationship with my family. I’m getting married October 10th and none of my family from out of state is allowed to come. Most of the invites have said no. It sucks. Even as a guy I’ve dreamed of a big wedding (I’m catholic everything is big) and I don’t get it.

the only light in the dark is I’ve been able to work on my truck and start another project. Hopefully will be getting a 1989 Toyota truck that I’m going to solid axle swap and put a 7.3 power stroke in. But still. It’s not the same.
I assume *she* accepted the invite?

hahhaah. He means your fiancé
Exactly. We had 900 too many people at our wedding. Only one that mattered was my wife ;)

just kidding, sort of. It's good to celebrate a marriage with lots of glory, but at the end of the day, as long as the two of us were in bed that night, that's about all I was interested in... or at least that's all I was thinking about ;)

My wife and I were planning a wedding when we got sick of thinking about who may want what and why. We realized we rather make it about us and only us, so we went off and eloped at one of our favorite oceanside sunset destinations. We couldn't be happier. Our family was forced to immediately get over it because it's not about them. I totally understand big families and wanting to celebrate and party, but you can still have an awesome experience with less people and maybe when this is all over someday, you can have the bigger celebration and ceremony if you want one. All rules out the windows these days and no one can really blame you for any choice you make. Good luck and have fun! :)

Exactly. We had 900 too many people at our wedding. Only one that mattered was my wife ;)

just kidding, sort of. It's good to celebrate a marriage with lots of glory, but at the end of the day, as long as the two of us were in bed that night, that's about all I was interested in... or at least that's all I was thinking about ;)
Yeah we are both at that point. She’s sick of the drama as much as I am. I just want to be married so we can live our life.

I'm sorry that I've been less active. It's been bad with the situation with my dad and parents as a whole. I've not been able to get myself to open my computer or do anything at all honestly.

Wow.
I certainly don't feel alone in my issues, emotions and problems.
Getting away from people for a week really helped me and the wife.
We've remained tight through the craziness of 2020, but feeling distant from family and friends. My wife is fighting with most of her family now.

As I age, and as the year 2020 progresses I find myself hating to be in crowds. Busy roads, busy towns, busy anything.

Hang in there friends.

We're in the middle of all this together. Favorite trick is that you're the only one. Nope. We all broken. :) but that's ok, helping each other step back up (and if you're me, looking above for fixing on the inside) is part of what makes life worth living.

2 of 3 of my ride or die girls. They help tremendously with mental health.

B0C142C5-FA53-4272-AFF0-E65E4583AD02.jpeg

Took my mental health day. A little update on me;

• During that day off of work, I talked with my psychologist for a few hours. It really opened my eyes to my own mental health and how damaged it really was. Needless to say, I am doing better.
  • I injured my knee on Thursday. Dr. says I either tore my meniscus or snapped a ligament in half. We won't know until I go in for an MRI but until then I am in a knee brace. This really put me back in a bad mental state. I am worried about not being able to perform like I used to with this brace on. Friday and Saturday were shitty because I didn't have a brace. I have been walking around with the brace today and it makes my knee feel 1% better than without it. It might just be me though.

I appreciate all of yall. Feels good to know that this community cares for one another.

Took my mental health day. A little update on me;

• During that day off of work, I talked with my psychologist for a few hours. It really opened my eyes to my own mental health and how damaged it really was. Needless to say, I am doing better.
  • I injured my knee on Thursday. Dr. says I either tore my meniscus or snapped a ligament in half. We won't know until I go in for an MRI but until then I am in a knee brace. This really put me back in a bad mental state. I am worried about not being able to perform like I used to with this brace on. Friday and Saturday were shitty because I didn't have a brace. I have been walking around with the brace today and it makes my knee feel 1% better than without it. It might just be me though.

I appreciate all of yall. Feels good to know that this community cares for one another.
Good that bringing it up with doc helped you. It usually feels good to talk about it (hence this thread).

Sucks however, that your knee is messed up. My back is messed up (reason I got out of the military). Before ruining my back, I was a gym rat. Because of the injury, I can't lift without pain and therefore lost a lot of the muscle I had. This has been a HUGE hit on my mental health.

Not that your knee injury should end up persistent like my back, but there are ways to accept it and basically adapt to it. But yeah, it's hard.

Hope the knee looks good on MRI.
Glad you are doing better after talking with your psychologist.
I've never talked with one, or anyone in the field.
Must be an eye opener

aw man knees are the worst. Good luck with the recovery. I have a friend that just had his knee redone and I've done major damage to mine but refuse to go under. Good luck with the recovery and don't be too hard on yourself.

Glad you got to talk some of it out and at get an outside perspective on things. Good luck on that recovery as well.

The news cycles dropped the fire and smoke news, but I hope you're doing better off in that regard as well. Keep your eyes up on the horizon

Finally hit my breaking point with work... had migraines so bad I was vomiting all day and was seeing spots. Yay stress. Adulting isn’t fun anymore can I return it for the be a kid edition again?

That’s why my plan is to kid even when I’m supposed to adult. I’m 29 but I’m programmed on being 19 instead.

It's good to see a thread like this. As someone who suffers from anxiety and depression, I believe it's a good thing to be able to have an open dialogue with folks that share interests/hobbies.

As far as being a responsible adult, I just want to do LCpl things all day.

It's good to see a thread like this. As someone who suffers from anxiety and depression, I believe it's a good thing to be able to have an open dialogue with folks that share interests/hobbies.

As far as being a responsible adult, I just want to do LCpl things all day.
Senior lance / salty Cpl.

I have to admit though, Sgt was my favorite.

Was on a run yesterday and remembered I'm an ambassador for "Bigger than the trail". As someone who suffers from major anxiety and depression for years and finally sought help a little over a year ago, I can tell you its difficult to admit to yourself that something isn't right. Taking a step to talk to someone else about it was something that was terrifying. I went to my primary doctor. I know there are folks that can't afford doctor visits or don't know where to turn.

Bigger than the trail helps connect folks with free online counseling. If you need support: Bigger than the Trail

To provide these services for free, they also accept donations. If you are inclined to donate, so be it. I'm not going to link the donate page since I'm not trying to drum up donations, I'm letting people know this site and their help exists if you need it.

I was supposed to have a great ultra marathon year. Signed up for a few 100 milers and a few smaller races. All that went to crap. All the races cancelled or postponed then cancelled or switched to virtual. Running for hours to train seemed worthless and guilt set in when thinking about being away from my family when races weren't going to happen. This mentally put me in a dark place in which I stopped running and tossed the majority of my running stuff. I even deleted the majority of my social media accounts and withdrew from a lot of folks I talked to. I feel like this post is pretty long so I'll leave it at that. If you need support, Bigger than the trail might an avenue for you.

Back