• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

How do you cook your steaks?

ragofabrication

ragofabrication.com
Authorized Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.ragofabrication.com
2017 TRD OR DCSB Auto
White
I'm a medium rare kinda guy with extra salt and pepper. 🥩

This grill is...
Portable
Easily Removable Cooking Slats
Self Sifting Ash Design

The perfect grill to bring to your mobile camp site! ⁠

Attachments

• DSCF1474_800x_44fb31ec-0ba7-40cf-baa4-f535c797ea93_800x.jpg
    DSCF1474_800x_44fb31ec-0ba7-40cf-baa4-f535c797ea93_800x.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 93
Over heat.

I find that there are very few other ways to cook a steak.

I mean, you could just electrocute it to a cooked temp, but...

Last edited:
Anyone use a Blackstone? We got one a couple months ago and it’s been game changing. Already gave our Weber grill to my parents 🤣

Cast Iron skillet, pre-seasoned. I let the pan get hot first then cook the steaks to medium rare for me and the wife likes them well done.

Anyone use a Blackstone? We got one a couple months ago and it’s been game changing. Already gave our Weber grill to my parents 🤣
We bought one years ago, now it sits in my backyard under a cover all rusty. Only because we bought a Pit Boss smoker.

We typically have a flat Lodge pan that stays in the grill, so I'll fire up the smoker and let the pan get hot.

My wife has Alpha-Gal, so she's not a red meat eater. We do A LOT of smoked chicken and salmon on the smoker.

How you cook a streak can be very important. Over charcoal seems to add more flavor vs a gas grill.
Meat (most) is better at less cook vs fully cook. Med-rare is prefer in our family.

I still learning about the cuts of meat and how each part should be cook slightly differently. Rib-eye has been one of the better cuts.

We grew up eating lots of “chuck steaks” something cheap and could feed a family. ( We added lots of ketchup…lol)

Grill “Teriyaki meat and Japanese style of BBQ-short-ribs “ for us was always a flavorite.

Today “Beef-ribs “ is my choice, I just cannot believe how x expensive it has gotten, and so little meat..lol
You feel like a caveman ,while eating the “Beef-ribs”. Just salt & pepper.

My favorite steak is a boneless ribeye, reverse seared on cast iron with oil and baste with butter after being smoked on the traeger to a nice medium rare.

How do I cook steaks? I tell my wife we should have steaks for dinner and she cooks them medium.

How do I cook steaks? I tell my wife we should have steaks for dinner and she cooks them medium.
Women? Cook steaks? Weird.

These fuckers are life changing. Grill and temp probe settings. Freezer to table in record time. Cooked to perfection. Not my picture, but after using the small one, I bought the large one as well. Everything else seems like so much extra work now. I just preheat it, throw in foil, meat and done. Don't even really clean anymore since I can just pull the foil sheet and toss it.

1666036223614.png

Medium over charcoal for sure. My newest favorite is a tomahawk ribeye. Got an old Oklahoma joe grill put some cherry wood chips for some smoke flavor. Seasoned only with garlic salt and pepper. Here she is!

39A1E507-0CE6-4A66-9CFD-90CE632668AD.jpeg

My favorite, though hardest, is to sear for 60 seconds per side on a really hot pan. Then finish in the oven. It's like 60 seconds per side, then a few minutes in the oven. You have to have the pan and oven at like 500 degrees. Alton Brown has a good video on this. It's amazing.

Otherwise, I do them on the gas grill about 8 minutes per side. I use a thermometer to get temp right.

Don't forget to rest the meat.

-M

Back