• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

How’s everyone holdin' up? T3G's therapeutic mental health and general chat thread.

It’s def not just you though. I have the worst luck every. single. time. I try to work on my truck. I should actually make a blog post about all of it for some comic relief.

I dread working on my truck but I used to be a certified mechanic and still insist on doing my own work. But it’s a headache and a time consuming project every single time.
I think some like-minded individuals are more alike than we get to know. A lot of times drawn towards similar hobbies. It's the communities I interact with where I relate to people the most. Mostly end up with good friends in the long run. Working on things myself always takes 27x longer than usual. Like sound deadening the entire cab took me a couple weeks. Just OCD, anxiety, distractions, booze shortage.

I'll message you sometime to shoot the shit. Also Former Marine.

Last edited:
I think some like-minded individuals are more alike than we get to know. A lot of times drawn towards similar hobbies. It's the communities I interact with where I relate to people the most. Mostly end up with good friends in the long run. Working on things myself always takes 27x longer than usual. Like sound deadening the entire cab took me a couple weeks. Just OCD, anxiety, distractions, booze shortage.

I'll message you sometime to shoot the shit. Also Former Marine.
We should meet up when I'm on the road. We're doing the Northeast starting next week so if you're in PA we can eat crayons together.

Rah

I have a question for you guys. A very personal question.

I'm 30 and have one sibling. My sister is 21. She works with a dude that is also 30. They hangout but they're not together and he twists her emotions with questionable signals. The age difference is uncomfortable for me but that isn't the worst of it.

Recently, this dude got into a drunken bar fight with another guy, with my sister there. Then, my sister, him, and maybe a few others ended up at his house. My sister was holding his phone while he was still on his tough guy act and he ended up grabbing her arm with a push/pull motion to get his phone from her. I believe she fell down. The next day she vomited 4 times because of how upset she was at the thought of what happened.

I found out the next day over the phone and couldn't finish the phone call. I literally started convulsing. I had what I would self-diagnose as an adrenaline attack. My mind was racing weighing the consequences of what might happen next. I knew if I showed up to this dude's house, I wouldn't be able to control myself and the beating wouldn't stop, and he could end up with brain damage and I would obviously be in jail. I'm not trying to sound tough at all; this is just what my reality was. I'm a very relaxed dude and it's very hard for me to get angry at anything. But a dude physically (and/or mentally) abusing a woman is one of my triggers, especially after how much of that I had to directly intervene in the Marine Corps.

So, there I was, convulsing, not able to breathe right, almost passed out a few times, and did end up blacking out meaning I don't remember the entirely of the 2 hours I was in that state of mind. I understood I couldn't go to jail over this as it would fuck up Paige and I's daily life and it would probably not make my sister feel any better. I felt useless because what am I supposed to do, realistically?

Paige and I have given my sister a lot of advice regarding scumbags like this dude and the various red flags to watch out for early in a friendship/relationship. But my sister continues to associate with this dude despite her constantly going to bed upset with whatever his bullshit was that day.

What would you have done? I can't stop thinking about that night due to her still associating with him.
The most important thing is to make it about caring for her and her safety. Build her up and help her move away. Keep away from judgements, blame and negative stuff. Aggression, kicking ass….are all understandable, but that’s what you are getting away from. Look forward, not backwards~

The most important thing is to make it about caring for her and her safety. Build her up and help her move away. Keep away from judgements, blame and negative stuff. Aggression, kicking ass….are all understandable, but that’s what you are getting away from. Look forward, not backwards~
Thank you. 👍

Once you have your sister squared away.....living her life again......secure...........go find the dipshit and kick his ass.

Once you have your sister squared away.....living her life again......secure...........go find the dipshit and kick his ass.
Unfortunately she is still hanging around with him and continuing to make other non-productive choices. There’s not that much I can do after I’ve tried many times to give her some wisdom to no avail. :(

Unfortunately she is still hanging around with him and continuing to make other non-productive choices. There’s not that much I can do after I’ve tried many times to give her some wisdom to no avail. :(
Hate to hear that. He's no good.

I'm still a mental midget. If I here quitting is the new winning today, Im going to puke!!!! WTF is wrong with the celebrity athletes these days. There all a bunch of pussies, and would have never made it in my generation...

I'm still a mental midget. If I here quitting is the new winning today, Im going to puke!!!! WTF is wrong with the celebrity athletes these days. There all a bunch of pussies, and would have never made it in my generation...
They get butt-hurt too easily then back out/give up. The pussification of America has been gettin' more prevalent.

What generation is that?

Before this goes too far, remember this:

September 15, 2020 update:

Effective immediately, discussion or debate of politics or religious topics are not authorized anywhere on Tacoma3G.com.

I think we can all agree that allowing these topics would never end well and are better suited for other platforms.

https://tacoma3g.com/terms/post-57839

I rotate hobbies pretty regularly. When I get into something, it's a full dive. If it can go wrong it happens to me. Not my mentality, just happens. Maybe it's the probability being higher because it's a numbers thing. The favorite thing is something that's been on my mind for a while. Usually it's just preferences. Lost a lot of motivation and drive. The whole COVID thing didn't help. Work is just a negative environment. Stuck there. Back to 2-10 shift. Hard to meet people. Still broken from the last relationship which was 3-4 years ago. Just stuck in the live to work cycle. Not work to live. The only thing I have to look forward to is buying something, then it arriving. After that it's just tossed aside and just meh, whatever. I keep hobbies that give a sign of progression or feeling of accomplishment. Then just get too distracted and don't finish anything I started. Then get overwhelmed, then crawl into bed.
My brother-in-law just sent me this

Mental health and morale are just sinking. Still just trying to catch a break.
I don’t want to get political because it’s against the rules, but just as a quick question... As a fellow Marine, does this have anything to do with Afghanistan right now?

I don’t want to get political because it’s against the rules, but just as a quick question... As a fellow Marine, does this have anything to do with Afghanistan right now?
I had to detach from the world. Don't get into sports, politics or religion. Hard enough day to day that I have no interest in those things. Seems like another reason for people to butt heads. I don't mind confrontation and I'm all for intellectual debates/talks. But you get how it goes...

Mine's just been an ongoing thing. Just feel miserable and defeated. Mostly tired and full of disappointment.
Not just the truck. Personal life and work life. Yeah it could be worse. But when can it just be? Like let me go day to day without being fucked over by the universe. I don't look for things to go bad. I don't do shitty things to others. All I can do is try but everything just seems to be an inconvenience. I just know this is no way to live.

9-11 20 years ago already. I don't know the right answer for Afghanistan. but grateful for all of the Men and Women that served, and forever grateful for the ones that didn't make it home.
I'm still mad about 9/11. That event was the whole reason I joined. As far as Afghanistan goes, I'm with you. I don't have an answer. Could this administration handle it differently? I think they could of, I just don't know how. I know quite a few Marines at work (who've transitioned to the army), who have lost friends/brothers to the war. Our deployment we were lucky and didn't lose anyone. Plenty of shot up aircraft, some pilots getting shot while on missions. As much as I have my reservations on this current administration, the previous administration had a plan to pull out of there anyways. Regardless of the situation in AFG, we all should be grateful of our situation at home. These people are actually fighting for their lives.

I'm still mad about 9/11. That event was the whole reason I joined. As far as Afghanistan goes, I'm with you. I don't have an answer. Could this administration handle it differently? I think they could of, I just don't know how. I know quite a few Marines at work (who've transitioned to the army), who have lost friends/brothers to the war. Our deployment we were lucky and didn't lose anyone. Plenty of shot up aircraft, some pilots getting shot while on missions. As much as I have my reservations on this current administration, the previous administration had a plan to pull out of there anyways. Regardless of the situation in AFG, we all should be grateful of our situation at home. These people are actually fighting for their lives.
Thank yo for your service

My back is chronically fucked up—it’s why I got out of the Marine Corps.

Yesterday I was working inside my camper. Doing some electrical on the battery bank. I was standing and bent over to grab a tool that was at knee height.

My lower back felt like it got hit by lightening. I couldn’t move. Pain was 100/10, all the way down my leg too.

I actually got in the car to let Paige take me to the ER which is very unlike me because I hate doctors and medical stuff. We didn’t end up going but I’ve been stuck laying down ever since. There’s no position I can get into that isn’t pure discomfort.

Huge hit on the mental health.

My back is chronically fucked up—it’s why I got out of the Marine Corps.

Yesterday I was working inside my camper. Doing some electrical on the battery bank. I was standing and bent over to grab a tool that was at knee height.

My lower back felt like it got hit by lightening. I couldn’t move. Pain was 100/10, all the way down my leg too.

I actually got in the car to let Paige take me to the ER which is very unlike me because I hate doctors and medical stuff. We didn’t end up going but I’ve been stuck laying down ever since. There’s no position I can get into that isn’t pure discomfort.

Huge hit on the mental health.
Mental and physical, that's a twofer. Sorry my friend. I hope you feel better soon.

Back