• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

How’s everyone holdin' up? T3G's therapeutic mental health and general chat thread.

Hope everyone’s doing well today.
F9245457-67DA-4A85-ABD5-0F0D7BA8F3E8.png

I watched Social Dilemma a few days ago.
That was an eye opener about the damage that social media can do on society.
Haven't been on Facebook since.
I'm going to try and limit my online time to hobby related forums.
I've been watching so many friends go down the conspiracy rabbit hole lately.

Yes. Delete your social media and encourage others to do so. It's difficult to help get people out of the conspiracy holes because as soon as you've made your case to them in person and possibly get through to them, they look down at their phone again and start getting reprogrammed. All of the algorithms are built to get you staring and typing for as long as possible and hate / fear / conspiracy and arguing is the most viral and most profitable for all of these companies. Pay attention to the information and media you consume as if it were food. Lot's of profitable junk food out there these days and all businesses aim to get you hooked.

I joked in the "what made you buy a Tacoma?" thread that I bought one because the "youtube algorithm told me to." and I always wonder just how true that may be :)

I think with my depression and what not starting in the new year I’m gonna do a year of sobriety.... I’ve used drinking as a crutch for too long.

Just found out my dad has covid. Might be around the forum less... again.

Hang in there dude. We are here if you need us.

I think with my depression and what not starting in the new year I’m gonna do a year of sobriety.... I’ve used drinking as a crutch for too long.

I actually quit last December after years of drinking. I haven't touched a drop since. I do drink a bunch of sparkling water now though. hahaha

Anyhow, if you are looking for any hints, check out the book Alcohol Explained. It really helped me understand the cravings and effects alcohol was having on my body and mind. Those understandings really helped me be in control of my new found sobriety.

Meh. Been working on an increase for my VA disability rating (multiple issues). Got the decision letter today, and no increase. Sucks. Had all the supporting documentation ( DBQ’s from 4 different doctors, statements in support, etc) to support the need for increase, but the VA says that the 1 hour tele-health appointment I had holds more weight then the 4 professionals who wrote the DBQ’s. Now begins the long road for the appeal. Reached out to my local DAV for some help along with some free lawyer consultations. We shall see.

Hope all are doing well. Just needed to vent for a moment. Appreciate it folks.

On a funnier note. This is the only way I could get my daughter to eat green beans the other night. Lol

Attachments

• 249C9DF9-2F90-4C4D-B5DF-FA5BF10AFBA8.jpeg
    249C9DF9-2F90-4C4D-B5DF-FA5BF10AFBA8.jpeg
    428.5 KB · Views: 37
Good luck man! Fight that fight, you held up your end of the bargain it sounds like they need to hold up theirs.

Glad kiddo ate the veggies for ya at least :)

Thankful for whatever works and whatever helps to whomever needs it. Love yall

Finally am reaching out to a doctor about my mental issues. Been lashing out and overly aggressive for no reason. Hopefully going to move forward somewhat with treatment.

Finally am reaching out to a doctor about my mental issues. Been lashing out and overly aggressive for no reason. Hopefully going to move forward somewhat with treatment.
Yes!

It is so hard to do this. Taking that step is huge.

Tyler, I am so very sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers Brother.

Prayers to you and yours, Tyler. If you need anything, all of us have your back.

I'm sorry man. I hope you have some great memories to hold onto.

I just joined tacoma3g and was drawn to this feed when I saw the word “mental”. LOL That I am, I have been blessed with many issues such as bipolar, manic depression (some say one in same), as well as attention deficit and Tourette’s. It’s a bitch, diagnosed 25+ years ago. I normally seem to keep it together with lots of pharma (it looks like Walt Disney pukes in my hand every morning looking down at the amount of colorful pills I take every day). I only say all of this because I know I’m not alone and COVID-19 is killing me. I’m going thru what I call Rikers Island Syndrome for lack of a better phrase. I have been stuck in my home office since late February due to the company I work for had stopped all of my travels during this crisis. I am a Regional Sales Manager that covers the 14 western states as well as Western Canada. My norm is traveling 5 days a week for 3 week a month all year and have been doing this for 15 years. It’s a perfect fit for my mental stress. Stuck in my office for the last 8 months has been tough.
I joined tacoma3g because I recently purchased (last year) a new Tacoma that I am obsessed with. Oh, I forgot to mention I am the proud owner of OCD. So tinkering with my truck has done wonders for my sanity. Getting out on the dirt is church for me.
All of us need a healthy outlet, and I feel good with mine. My psychiatrist thinks I’m a train wreck, but that’s due to quiting drinking over a year ago that I’m still upset about! LOL
That’s a whole other story. To all of you that are going crazy being trapped by this virus like me, it will pass. So start making a list of the thing you want to do first. It’s right around the corner.

Tyler, I am so very sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers Brother.

Prayers to you and yours, Tyler. If you need anything, all of us have your back.

Very sorry to hear that man. Keep your head up. If you need anything, reach out

I'm sorry man. I hope you have some great memories to hold onto.

So sorry for your loss, Tyler! T3G family loves you bro!

I'm terribly sorry for your loss Tyler

Literally in tears from you guys. Thank you. 🖤

I lost my dad today.
My thoughts and prayers for you brother. It is never easy to lose anyone let alone a parent. Take time for yourself and be with your family. We love you like family man and will watch this for you until you return. I just saw your post and didn’t know you are a Marine. Semper Fi.

Hang in there Tyler. It's never easy losing someone. Words cant explain it. We'll be here and thinking of you and your family.

Back