• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Hot Wheels / Diecast Models

I found where they’ve been hiding them all lol

BFABE25A-739E-4390-9176-04246725805E.jpeg
I would spend way too much money there....

I'll be going out later today, I'll keep my eye out for Hot Wheels of interest!

Here’s my pawn shop finds for the day!

Unimog
336C87CA-CDBF-42AC-9513-D4A6914A0D4A.jpeg

D200
9375604D-C3AC-44BE-B9E8-71568E139F32.jpeg

Pikes Peak Tacoma
718DD81C-A16C-46F7-BB63-98F00EA39D5B.jpeg

VehiCROSS
5E880FD6-99B8-46D0-B627-9E1696A995CE.jpeg

FYI for anyone suddenly interested in this stuff because of this thread:

There's a thing called "chase" cars. They are special rare versions of regular cars, sometimes hard to even identify as being different. I don't seek out these cars because I only buy trucks that I like in real life, but it's still exciting on the rare chance you do spot one. Here's a good explanation that I found on Reddit:

--

Super Treasure Hunts

Welcome to the meat and potatoes of Hot Wheel Chases.
  • The main variances from the mainline cars are the spectraflame paint, real rider wheels, and the TH symbolhidden somewhere on the car.
  • Super Treasure Hunts are rare variations of already existing mainlines, and will replace the regular mainline in the instance that you receive one.
  • The card will also have a gold flame printed on the card behind the car.
  • These are incredibly rare, and I cannot stress that enough. From what I've seen in the past, anywhere between 1 in 10 and 1 in 15 cases will have a super treasure hunt in it.
  • Some can be extremely hard to differentiate from the mainline because the spectraflame white cars hardly look different. In this case, your best bet is to look at the wheels and verify that they are real riders. (Examples of this)
  • Comparisons between Mainlines and Super Treasure Hunts
  • Click Here to see a list of all Super Treasure Hunts, past and Upcoming
  • Value: Super Treasure Hunts are very valuable, although its value does depend heavily on the casting used. Fantasy Models and not-so-desired castings settle at around $20, some going below that (lol Doorslammer). Some other castings *cough* *cough* will remain very expensive. Although, most Super Treasure Hunts will settle down around the $30-$40 range when all is said and done.

Greenlight​

Disclaimer: I am not very experienced with Green Machines because the only store that sells Greenlight around me are Hobby Lobby, and, very sporadically, Target. Please let me know if I got anything wrong here.

Greenlight chases are called "Green Machines". Green Machines are some of the easiest chases to come across, other than Regular TH's. I personally chalk this up to the fact that ANY Greenlight model can be a Green Machine! Because of this and how common they are, Green Machines tend to be very niche and only certain models are valuable. If you find one, consult eBay sold listings to find out the value of your specific find.

Possible Features:

• GREEN BASE! This is the absolute easiest way to tell if a model can be a Green Machine. When I go and check out the Greenlights, I am always looking for this first, and if you're unsure, this should be the confirming feature. (Example)
  • Green Paint (Examples)
  • Green Wheels or Tires (Examples)
  • Green Accessories (the sneakiest) (Example)
Target:

Since Greenlight is now being sold in Target, Target has specific "Green Machines" that are red (I know, confusing). These hold the same tropes as regular green machines, only the features turn red instead of green. (Examples)

Walmart:

Since Greenlight is now being sold in Walmart, Walmart has specific "Green Machines" that are blue. These hold the same tropes as regular green machines, only the features turn red instead of green. (Examples.)

Raws:

Greenlight has also started doing Raw chases that are less common than Green Machines where the casting is raw metal and not painted. (Examples) I do not think that these are worth much more than Green Machines, please somebody let me know if they are.

Johnny Lightning​

The chase cars for Johnny Lightning are called White Lightnings. As the same with some of our previously mentioned brands, anything that Johnny Lightning releases can be a White Lightning, although of each release, only 1% of the run is a WL.

There are varying degrees as to what a WL can look like. Some are obvious, others not so much. As such, this plays into the value of one. From what I’ve seen, the more drastic the difference, the more valuable a WL is. As with anything, make sure to research previous sold listings on eBay for the exact value of your car.

Possible Features:

• WHITE BASE: Similar to Greenlight and Auto World, the dead giveaway that you have a white lightning is the white base.
  • White Paint: Some, but not all, white lightnings sport a metallic white paint.
  • Gold Features: For some white lightnings, in addition to the white paint, they might also sport gold wheels and interiors.
  • “White Lightning” Lettering: This one is sneaky, and I will post an example, but some white lightnings will have the words “White Lightning” on the wheel walls. Usually when this is the case, this is the only feature besides for the white painted base.
  • Examples

I've struck out at Target and Dollar Tree. I picked up a John Wick Mustang by Greenlight, though. No tacos to be seen!

Dang, I honestly didn't realize Hot Wheels makes cool 4x4 stuff now. I knew they had some but I mostly remember them for having fantasy ridiculous stuff while Matchbox had the more realistic stuff. But now I'm impressed by Hot Wheels.

IMG_20220515_102400134_HDR.jpg

Dollar Tree seems to be a reliable source for these two. I got the Ridgeline to look at whenever I need to feel better about having a Tacoma. No luck finding any of the other kinds.

My eight year old granddaughter keeps trying to get me to open the package and I keep telling her nope! It will go with the truck when I finally sell her and I’ll get at least $100 more! 2 trucks for the price of one!:)

My eight year old granddaughter keeps trying to get me to open the package and I keep telling her nope! It will go with the truck when I finally sell her and I’ll get at least $100 more! 2 trucks for the price of one!:)
Good idea!

I went to Dollar Tree today because it sounded like you guys were finding cool stuff at dollar stores. What did I find? I found that they don’t even sell Hot Wheels/Matchbox lol

Mine's flex'n

Attachments

• MiniTaco Flex.jpg
    MiniTaco Flex.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 56
Back