• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Hot Wheels / Diecast Models

Tyler

🔟 Mythical
Badministrator
Volunteer T3G Editor
Reaction score
Website
tacoma3g.com
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Quicksand
I searched but didn't see a thread on this.
--

Hot Wheels recently dropped a 2020 Taco in Voodoo Blue. From what I've read on Reddit, they are hard to find in stores because people are actually scalping them to sell on eBay. Not sure how true that is in the real world, but I haven't found one in a store yet either. Actually, most stores I check have almost no Hot Wheels cars at all.

But it looks to be in stock on Amazon:

1651945318697.png

And it looks like you can find custom painted / wheel swapped versions on eBay for $$:

Anyone manage to find one in stores?

Last edited:
MaurieJess posted the Voodoo ones on her Instagram a few weeks ago. I've been keeping my eye out, but haven't seen any yet. I'm reluctant to pay $15 online for a $1 Hot Wheel, BUT I do have a Voodoo Blue Tacoma...

I'd need to get 2 or 3. One for me (to not open), one for my son to open and play with and maybe a third one for him to not open.

...I guess I'll have to stop by Target today :)

Last edited:
...I guess I'll have to stop by Target today :)
Good luck though. Whenever I casually peek at a store that sells this stuff, the racks are usually close to empty. I think there’s just a shortage of die-cast cars like there is real cars, lol.

Good luck though. Whenever I casually peek at a store that sells this stuff, the racks are usually close to empty. I think there’s just a shortage of die-cast cars like there is real cars, lol.
My last minute kids need to buy mothers day gifts anyway so I'll hit the big box stores. If I see more than one I'll buy some extras for the forum. Maybe they can be RotM prizes.

My last minute kids need to buy mothers day gifts anyway so I'll hit the big box stores. If I see more than one I'll buy some extras for the forum. Maybe they can be RotM prizes.
The RotM or some other type of giveaway (say, T3G’s 4th bday this month), is a great idea that I would’ve never thought of!

@Paige

Makes you wonder how many other adults "casually" shop for Hot Wheels. Haha. Since my son got into them I'm looking all the time. Closest he has to my truck is a maroon-ish Hilux.

The RotM or some other type of giveaway (say, T3G’s 4th bday this month), is a great idea that I would’ve never thought of!

@Paige
No love, I tried Fred Meyer (which had a TON of Hot Wheels) and Target (which had some) and no Tacos to be found.

Whoa. So I wasn’t crazy when I remembered it being yellow. Only just now did I realize they made more than one color lol
Mine says 100/100 on the package. I wonder if there’s 100 different matchbox Tacomas

My wife calls me a manchild, every time we got to store I have to dig. Randomly found 1 Tacoma, then started finding the rest of the off road ones. I have a few others that I have taken a picture of. But that Bronco is SWEET
09681D10-5C66-478B-9FFF-53E6AAA2D6F0.jpeg

Last edited:
My wife calls me a manchild, every time we got to store I have to dig. Randomly found 1 Tacoma, then started finding the rest of the off road ones. I have a few others that I have taken a picture of. But that Bronco is SWEET
09681D10-5C66-478B-9FFF-53E6AAA2D6F0.jpeg
The dirty tires on the Land Cruiser are cool as hell. I think I might try to get that one too.

The dirty tires on the Land Cruiser are cool as hell. I think I might try to get that one too.
I'll get a family photo when I get home! Like I said there are a couple new adds, I've gotten in the last couple of days!

I'll move this thread to the off-topic section since it sounds like we're gonna start talking about more than just the new 3rd gen Taco.

I also have some of my own to share when I get some pictures.

Are you 1/64 only or do you collect other scales as well?
Currently just Hot Wheels and Matchbox. I used to be into the builder kits like Tamiya but I don't have the patience for it now. It's too tedious.

Currently just Hot Wheels and Matchbox. I used to be into the builder kits like Tamiya but I don't have the patience for it now. It's too tedious.
Makes sense. I never loved the kits but I did used to collect 1/18 scale die-cast.

One of my favorites that I had (in the 90s or early 2000s):

1652199182707.png

IMO, the coolest Hot Wheels/Matchbox scale (1/64) trucks are made by GreenLight. They really focus on realistic detail and seem to love trucks.

GreenLight Diecast Collectibles

Back