• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Hey, Pacific Northwesterners...Wanna go overlanding on Memorial day?

RevN3

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Rig of the Month (2x)
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCSB Manual
Blazing Blue Pearl
I have a rough plan to go drive around with some friends around Ft.Rock and then over to Camp Sherman in Central Oregon for three days. Does this interest you? You're all welcome to come!

Current plan is:

Friday Night: Camp near Ft Rock
Saturday: explore the area including ft. rock, derrek cave and maybe an old abandoned homestead. Camp in the Brothers area
Sunday: Travel to the Metolius Valley area and explore/camp
Monday: Explore Metolius Valley some more and head home

TRIP REPORT: There will be a video for this eventually but I thought you guys might want to see the Taco pictures. @jbiscuit and @fourgotten were also out with me. We covered a LOT of miles...sometimes more than once.

2022-05-27 18.11.30.jpg

Near Ft. Rock

2022-05-28 11.23.16.jpg

Lost in the desert

2022-05-28 11.58.15.jpg

Accidentally found the hidden way to get into Devil's Garden

2022-05-28 13.13.17.jpg

Accidentally found my first abandoned homestead!

2022-05-28 15.54.50.jpg

Glamour shot of @fourgotten's rig

2022-05-28 16.25.58.jpg

Same for @jbiscuit, he was going to regret setting up his tent early once the weather in the distance moved in

2022-05-28 18.44.12.jpg

Relocating after the weather cleared but before it got bad again. We has snow flurries the next morning.

2022-05-29 13.32.05.jpg

Up in the Cascades looking for mushrooms

2022-05-29 17.13.36.jpg

Deep in the trees to take shelter from the wind on night three...once the evening rolled around it was calm all night though.

2022-05-30 08.36.54.jpg

Airing up for the trip home. I'm very happy with how my DIY 4-way worked out.

this was a great time! toured some incredible landscape with some good folks. i had never spent time in the metolius river valley before but holy smokes is it gorgeous down there.

I really wish I could get something like this started over here in my area... Would love to spend a day or weekend out in the trails with other Tacos :)

I really wish I could get something like this started over here in my area... Would love to spend a day or weekend out in the trails with other Tacos :)
I find that larger regional Tacoma groups on Facebook are the best best. I'm planning on having a Tacoma meetup at the coastal dunes and plan to invite the entire PNW Tacoma group as well as the smaller Oregon one. Getting people from T3G historically has been a challenge. One of these days I'm going to meet @Bessi3-taco in real life!

@RevN3
I always check for trips on here. I'll try and make it out sometime. Just a long ass trip from E.Washingtin and gas...
Meet Up Dev Patel GIF by A24

Back