• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Help finding exterior door handles

Cajun Taco

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
I have an army green 2020 TRD 4x4 Im looking to replace the exterior door handles with matte black handles. All I can find is covers. Is that what everyone does? Even my dealership said it was an aftermarket item and all they could get was the front door not the rear.

Thanks

They're gonna be covers, Plastidip or vinyl.
There isn't a matte black unless you buy then and get them painted.

I think the SR5's

Note what year your Tacoma is and what handles are on there. 19 and under has 1 smart handle. 20+ has 2. Those are even more expensive since the sensors are built into it. The caps are also separate.
I bought one to make my passenger side smart.

The door handles are all the same, you just flip them around.
The smart handles will be for the front.

You can see here it says left, right, front, rear. This will be the passengers.

The smart handle might be listed as just driver side front. Parts guy probably didn't know.

There's also plain black ones that came on the SR Utility Package, maybe it was for all SR's. Not sure.

Should be this one.
No smart functionality.
692110E010C0
"Attitude Black"

Looks like we share door handles with the Highlanders.

Back