• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

hellopuppie's 2018 Grey Guthe Trail Limo TRD Off-Road DCLB 4x4 Build and BS

Saw these a couple weeks ago and had to have them. Great quality product made by @OneMoreToyota over on TW and I love that they match the other knobs on the dash.
20191005_141748.jpg

20191005_093148.jpg

After almost a year, I started the first stage of my "BSM in the taillight" project! I busted them open.
20191221_164953.jpg

20191221_172407.jpg

It’s going to be tricky to find a spot for the sensors.

I’m crossing my fingers for a successful outcome. Keep us posted.

It’s going to be tricky to find a spot for the sensors.

I’m crossing my fingers for a successful outcome. Keep us posted.
I'll have to reinforce the mounting tabs somehow but I think I have enough room for the sensors. I need to buy a 3D printer! ?

I'll have to reinforce the mounting tabs somehow but I think I have enough room for the sensors. I need to buy a 3D printer! ?
I want one of those too but I'd just use it to make stupid shit like nerf guns and plastic dicks....

Shoot if all works well.. you're giving me another reason to buy a 3D printer. lol

Looking forward to your progress.

Soooo, we had quite an eventful Sunday a few days ago out at Crown King.

20200126_140805.jpg

Here we see my truck, high-centered. It doesn't really look like it but that bitch is stuck. Had to get winched off this fucking rock.
20200126_163608.jpg

Here's the shock I busted. It took a couple days to track down the gnarly clunking over every little bump.
20200128_174542.jpg

Here's what's left of a rzr on the trail that somebody just left to burn the fucking forest down.
20200126_213338.jpg

Here we are preventing said forest fire.
20200126_144925.jpg

View attachment 18359

Props to @JerryTaco2.0, @ShankedT4R, @Battle Born Offroad and many others for helping extinguish this thing before it got out of control.

Edit: @Lord Humongous, do you know where I can get my fire extinguisher recharged?

Last edited:

20200126_140805.jpg

Here we see my truck, high-centered. It doesn't really look like it but that bitch is stuck. Had to get winched off this fucking rock.
20200126_163608.jpg

Here's the shock I busted. It took a couple days to track down the gnarly clunking over every little bump.
20200128_174542.jpg

Here's what's left of a rzr on the trail that somebody just left to burn the fucking forest down.
20200126_213338.jpg

20200126_144925.jpg

View attachment 18359

Props to @JerryTaco2.0, @ShankedT4R, @Battle Born Offroad and many others for helping extinguish this thing before it got out of control.

Edit: @Lord Humongous, do you know where I can get my fire extinguisher recharged?
Holy shit. Major kudos on that fire control.

I’m surprised your shock broke like that. Do you think you know what caused it?

20200126_140805.jpg

20200126_163608.jpg

20200128_174542.jpg

20200126_213338.jpg

20200126_144925.jpg

View attachment 18359

Nice work with the forest fire! Probably stolen or somebody that didn't want to pay their sweet %90 interest rate anymore. Is your extinguisher CO2 or dry Chem? I honestly keep the single use ones on hand for ease of replacment. I'll ask the Marshal where to go today.

20200128_174542.jpg
Have you talked to icon about this yet? One of my rears looks to be doing the same thing. Very annoying they've only been on the truck for a month.

Holy shit. Major kudos on that fire control.

I’m surprised your shock broke like that. Do you think you know what caused it?
Thanks man! A lot of people deserve credit for the fire control.

I think it may have happened when I was trying to get un-high-centered before I was winched off.

Nice work with the forest fire! Probably stolen or somebody that didn't want to pay their sweet %90 interest rate anymore. Is your extinguisher CO2 or dry Chem? I honestly keep the single use ones on hand for ease of replacment. I'll ask the Marshal where to go today.
Sweet, thanks man! It's dry chem. I might grab a couple of single use ones after this. I never expected to need it but it's good that we had a few. You're probably right about the assholes that left it there. We heard that the sheriff picked them up at the end of the trail but can't be sure.

Have you talked to icon about this yet? One of my rears looks to be doing the same thing. Very annoying they've only been on the truck for a month.
I took it down to @SDHQ OFFROAD this morning and they hooked it up under warranty. It's hard to beat the service and support at @SDHQ OFFROAD.
20200129_103852.jpg

Last edited:
I took it down to @SDHQ OFFROAD this morning and they hooked it up under warranty. It's hard to beat the service and support at @SDHQ OFFROAD.
20200129_103852.jpg
That's awesome! Hopefully I have the same experience with mine. Purchased through a different vendor, we'll see ?
By the way, that's a very nice rig you've got there.

That's awesome! Hopefully I have the same experience with mine. Purchased through a different vendor, we'll see ?
By the way, that's a very nice rig you've got there.
I hope you do have the same experience. Who did you purchase through and how long ago? Oh, and thanks man!

Back