• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Hello from Western Slope Colorado

Mr Hushwing

3️⃣ Silver
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Magnetic Gray
Hello everyone! Ive owned my 2017 for about 2 years now. Just want to be clear that I bought it "repaired from salvage" out of Utah..... Itll help explain my lack of worry as I build this truck out.

It all started with being T boned by a nice buck one morning that found a way to damage every single panel and cab on the port side. After i got it back from the body shop, i began fabricating in my garage a way to mount the DIY Jeep Cherokee front bumper kit (its cheap and 3/16's plate) to adapt to the Tacoma. I was after something with simple lines but offered some great approach andgles for clearance. In fact i took it so high i ended up trimming a section of the grill off.

Naturally, i ended up out on the trails more around here, and Poughkeepsie Gulch left its mark in my unprotected rocker panel. So, now im in the middle of fabricating boatside rocksliders. Ill try to do a write up on these soon.

Anyway, glad to be a part of the forum, and ill share where and what i do in an effort to contribute!! Take care. IMG_20200912_103641.jpgIMG_20210306_085650.jpgIMG_20200909_091155.jpgPXL_20210308_000615769.jpgPXL_20210308_000625578.jpgPXL_20210306_181042257.jpg

I'm your neighbor.
Over in CB.
Looking forward to spring in utah and summer here in CO

Absolutely! Seems like forever, but itll be here sooner than I am ready for it. Nice to know a member in CB... In fact im looking forward to giving the Holy Cross trail some of my paint this year. Great color choice by the way!

Welcome, nice work. I grew up with xj's! Nice to see someone else messing around with that platform.
1DC5CED3-39CB-493E-B4F4-43AD5FD15640.jpeg

Yeah absolutely! It all worked out okay, but did require adding around 19" to the overall width in order to get it to fit okay... I just added 9" to each side of the winch box. The mounting was a whole other obstacle to overcome. Thanks for the welcoming and support...

Thanks Tacomadad18, I really enjoy the content on your channel and its been great seeing those 37's and bed come together. You're doing a fantastic job and it's a great resource. Cheers!

Welcome aboard. Nice addition to the site.

Thanks Tacomadad18, I really enjoy the content on your channel and its been great seeing those 37's and bed come together. You're doing a fantastic job and it's a great resource. Cheers!

thank ya, I appreciate that. 👊🤘🏻

Back