• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Headlights DRL issue

Bessi3-taco

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2018 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Blazing Blue Pearl
I have the spyder sequential headlights and when the truck is running the DRL D-side don't turn on. Anyone experience this? See below. The first is when running without switching to DRL. Second is when I do switch to DRL. DRL switch is good. Inspected wiring and didn't see any visible damage.
20220427_165347.jpg
20220427_165432.jpg

Is this all the time or only sometimes? I've had DRL issues since day one. Factory and sometimes Morimoto. Factory would be complete failure. Morimoto sometimes doesn't turn on. Intermittent. Random. No idea.

Seems like it's the driver side. Has to my truck for me. I've taken it in many times for it and they eventually flagged me. They blamed aftermarket wiring even after I proved to them it wasn't the cause. Completely separate relay.

Upvote 0
It's all the time. Anytime I switch to DRL the driver side doesn't turn on. I'm not super worried since I am in the market for new lights.

Upvote 0
Back