• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Performance Has anyone ever checked their 0-60mph time?

I actually want to test this again but with a video so it's legit. Then when I lose I'll drive my truck to you if you promise to drive me back home.

Haha. You have gears you’ll smoke me. I will however full send it if need be

Haha. You have gears you’ll smoke me. I will however full send it if need be
Somehow I can still spin my tires if it's wet out. Between the weight, the surface area of the 35s, and the general lack of power, I'm surprised it still works.

I should do this I have a garmin forerunner 101 and 201 gps tracker I use it on my rc cars for speed runs. If I do this in my tacoma with current update 2.0 ov tune I be curious what 0-60mph I shall youtube this!

I should do this I have a garmin forerunner 101 and 201 gps tracker I use it on my rc cars for speed runs. If I do this in my tacoma with current update 2.0 ov tune I be curious what 0-60mph I shall youtube this!
Do it! I'm curious about other trucks too.

Well here’s a test for tomorrow. Once I go, the timer will start. Left corner bottom will show my top speed and right bottom will show my current speed. So I will have talk to stop the watch when I hit 60. It might not be accurate. will see!

09C35715-5C22-4F8F-9C2A-B09AE5C1ED81.jpeg

Well here’s a test for tomorrow. Once I go, the timer will start. Left corner bottom will show my top speed and right bottom will show my current speed. So I will have talk to stop the watch when I hit 60. It might not be accurate. will see!

09C35715-5C22-4F8F-9C2A-B09AE5C1ED81.jpeg

Giddy with anticipation!

Tested overall did whooping 13sec 0-60mph not as I expected but I had a stop light to test to enter the freeway 🛣 but with a slight curve and merging into traffic had to play it safe tho 👍🏽 I’ll try again tonight after work 😂 with no curve strait and flat road

Tested overall did whooping 13sec 0-60mph not as I expected but I had a stop light to test to enter the freeway 🛣 but with a slight curve and merging into traffic had to play it safe tho 👍🏽 I’ll try again tonight after work 😂 with no curve strait and flat road
So you had to stop during the 0-60 part or after?

I read your post wrong. I thought you meant you had to stop at a light during the test.

13 seconds is surprising. Do you know the weight of your truck? What about gears, OVTune, tire size?

all good.

34s, 2.0 87oct tune, stock gears. Weight idk 😐 bed rack, fully belly armored, full size 34 spare, rock sliders. No metal bumpers or winch.

96571500-8F1A-4FF2-8DBD-448B288EA5C3.jpeg

all good.

34s, 2.0 87oct tune, stock gears. Weight idk 😐 bed rack, fully belly armored, full size 34 spare, rock sliders. No metal bumpers or winch.

96571500-8F1A-4FF2-8DBD-448B288EA5C3.jpeg
So you do have OVTune. Huh, I guess my 5.29s are really helping then if you compare our two numbers.

Ok so the results I’m doing between 9-10sec 0-60mph stop light to stop light on the interstate. Not bad. I don’t even care if I’m a 10sec in a 1/4mile lol

and my speedo is off by 4mph so I let off at 60 by the dash says

5FA5A675-9701-4A4E-9743-F32D5E9BE638.jpeg

Ok so the results I’m doing between 9-10sec 0-60mph stop light to stop light on the interstate. Not bad. I don’t even care if I’m a 10sec in a 1/4mile lol

and my speedo is off by 4mph so I let off at 60 by the dash says

5FA5A675-9701-4A4E-9743-F32D5E9BE638.jpeg
Nice pass. I hope this one wasn’t for slips. :cry:

Back