• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Group 31 battery upgrade

CalifExplorer

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Website
www.wilmatthewsphoto.com
2016 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Magnetic Gray
Hi all
Seemed like a good idea to upgrade battery size since I'm also installing a few more accessories.
After installing the setup shown in the photo (including cleaning up terminal plate connections of paint) the battery couldn't turn over the truck. A quick jumper cable connection fired things right up. A ten-mile drive and some idling was not enough to sufficiently charge battery to turn over starter at normal speed/strength, so I connected a battery charger at 8 amp for a couple hours...still not great battery performance.
I really figured a deep-cycle group 31-size battery would be enough to start a cruise ship....I'm unsure what's going on.
Battery purchased via Amazon. I have no idea how long it may have been on a shelf.
Anyone have experience with this?
tempImage7mWnPl.jpg

Hi all
Seemed like a good idea to upgrade battery size since I'm also installing a few more accessories.
After installing the setup shown in the photo (including cleaning up terminal plate connections of paint) the battery couldn't turn over the truck. A quick jumper cable connection fired things right up. A ten-mile drive and some idling was not enough to sufficiently charge battery to turn over starter at normal speed/strength, so I connected a battery charger at 8 amp for a couple hours...still not great battery performance.
I really figured a deep-cycle group 31-size battery would be enough to start a cruise ship....I'm unsure what's going on.
Battery purchased via Amazon. I have no idea how long it may have been on a shelf.
Anyone have experience with this?
tempImage7mWnPl.jpg
Have you checked the sitting voltage of the battery?

Upvote 0
I should get a voltmeter and do that
Also check the manufactures date:

Upvote 0
Back