• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Great Deal at the Dealer

Tomahawk Dog

6️⃣ Aficionado
Reaction score
2022 Sport DCSB Manual
Super White
I stopped by the dealer to pick up my order, DISCOUNT! ......This should last a while ;)
I get a great discount since I bought my truck from them and nothing better than OEM STUFF in a bulk buy!

In the brown boxes are gaskets, thermostat & housing, some extra plugs and seals, spark plugs and of course air filter for the engine and the cabin.
I did the break-in service at 1000 miles next is the MT, transfer & first diff's serviced at 15,000 then coolant at 30,000.

5000 miles service should make the Tacoma's life a long and happy one.
1662481157309.png

I stopped by the dealer to pick up my order, DISCOUNT! ......This should last a while ;)
I get a great discount since I bought my truck from them and nothing better than OEM STUFF in a bulk buy!

In the brown boxes are gaskets, thermostat & housing, some extra plugs and seals, spark plugs and of course air filter for the engine and the cabin.
I did the break-in service at 1000 miles next is the MT, transfer & first diff's serviced at 15,000 then coolant at 30,000.

5000 miles service should make the Tacoma's life a long and happy one.
1662481157309.png
Did it all “fall” off the back of the delivery truck?🤣

Upvote 0
Actually, I did have to order half of it.
I see an issue with getting good motor oil and certain critical OEM parts called "lead items" as they are told "supply train" interruptions.

Well, I decided to get in front of this train before it runs off the rails!

They could not even get MT GL4 gear oil in quart, gallon or 5-gallon buckets, they only are receiving bulk drums for the service dept.
And I was told it "Meets" the OEM requirement,... BUT it's not what we usually get. ..... NICE!

So, yeah the train is becoming a concern,
if you cannot get a MT in 23'-24' then do not expect to service the one you have now.

Next load "falling of the truck"
1662505127368.png
Gasoline was plentiful at $1.35 a gallon gas 2 years ago......and it is now what where you live??
Just move that decimal point,... or start walking.

This is unfortunately reality,.....
1662505078376.png

They do not even have a GL4 on the shelf at the dealer and the auto shops are promising that GL5 "replaces" all previous numbers. BS!

God Bless America!

Upvote 0
is toyota oem oil made by Mobil?
There is no "OEM oil" for a Toyota.. The engine oil is just 0W-20 (I believe) the brand doesn't make a difference. As long as it's the correct weight, it really doesn't matter

Upvote 0
is toyota oem oil made by Mobil?
When my buddy worked @ Toyota he said their premium oil changes included Mobil1 and TRD filters, so that's what I've been running my cars ever since. (y)

I also use Toyota coolant, but that's about as 'oem' as I get with my fluids. I use better gear oils.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Tacoma 5000 mile oil change metal shavings caught in the oil filter upgrade to Amsoil 0W 20 and filter took advice from this site and changed my 1st oil at 5000 miles just for the reason stated above will change at 7500 miles from now on. found shavings in all the old filter creases. not to concerned glad I decided to change before toyota recommendations

Attachments

• tempImageypJmX2.png
    tempImageypJmX2.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 83
Upvote 0
Toyota "Genuine" motor oil has a few different additives than Mobile 1 they are both oils are made by Standard Oil Co,
However, the "Toyota Brand" is only made only in Singapore.

It is a Standard Oil Plant, it just makes a different blend,...There is a difference in the additives.
They do not simply put Mobile1 oil in the Toyota Container.

FYI Just say'in the facts.
I am not arguing nor trying to prove a point,.... you can do you own research,.... I have faith in ya.

Upvote 0
Back