• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Got side swiped...

Happy Trails II

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2021 SR DCSB Auto
White
3,200 miles new! Dang. Seems like every truck I buy gets hit within months. This is the 4th new truck over the years damaged when new.

None of my old cars get banged up right after I buy them. Only the new ones!

Hopefully it can be repaired correctly.

BothDoors.JPG

That sucks buddy. I hope they already stopped.

That sucks buddy. I hope they already stopped.
Thanks for responding. I sent that pic to my body shop. Here is the reply form the shop owner:

I've been doing bodywork/painting for over 30 years now, I'm sure I can take care of it for you! Look at the bright side, it looks like everything can be repaired instead of having to order parts- Parts acquisition has been a pain lately, and can take weeks!

I think anyone not smoking dope is aware of the supply chain issue now. This is a how it hits home.

Here is a partial explanation (From Chris Martenson's Peak Prosperity website/blog) of what is going on:
========================================================
I think things are going to get really rough. As in “cascading cross defaults.”

By that, I mean a supply chain situation whereby lack of Part or Substance A results in loss of Part or Substance B which leads to a loss of Part or Substance C which then prevents the manufacture of Part or Substance A.

Now, because there’s no “A” the entire system comes to a grinding halt and it’s going to be very hard to get a complex supply chain back up and running.

========================================================

The broad message to us all is if you will need something in the foreseeable future, get it NOW!

Enjoy you Tacoma. Hopefully don't break it.

HT

Look on the bright side, you are ok and the truck did it's job! That repair won't be terrible to fix! Sorry about the bad luck!

3,200 miles new! Dang. Seems like every truck I buy gets hit within months. This is the 4th new truck over the years damaged when new.

None of my old cars get banged up right after I buy them. Only the new ones!

Hopefully it can be repaired correctly.

BothDoors.JPG
O

Back