• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Archived Funding Tacoma3G.com -- Update

This thread is now an archive that does not accept new posts. If you wish to add to this discussion, you should create a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler

🔟 Mythical
Badministrator
Volunteer T3G Editor
Reaction score
Website
tacoma3g.com
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Quicksand
This is a forum thread version of my monthly RotM newsletter for March 2022.

email3g.png

I'm reaching out about:
  • How you can help me develop our community as a T3G Supporter
  • What's to come for the Tacoma3G.com community in 2022
  • Our March Rig of the Month contest is open for entries

⚠️ Funding Tacoma3G.com (Update)

Last month I messaged many Tacoma3G members for advice about something I was hesitant to bring up: asking for donations to help me maintain our website. I received an overwhelming amount of feedback and wrote down all suggestions and concerns, then analyzed them against each other to find a reasonable approach to this.

A new "T3G Supporter" system has since been implemented based members' input. To reiterate on why I decided to ask for larger donations and/or recurring subscriptions, here is my "pitch" that I wrote to hopefully be as transparent as possible to the community:

Tacoma3G.com is operated by one person: @Tyler. My mission is to provide a friendly and resourceful website for Tacoma enthusiasts, free to use for everyone. I created T3G in May 2018. Ever since, I have personally funded the site and a handful of giveaways with assistance from sticker sales and vendors sponsorships.

I'm thankful to all vendors that help with giveaways, and to all members that have purchased a sticker. However, I still spend quite a bit out of pocket for T3G, and maintaining and improving our community has become nearly a full-time job!

Over the years, I've been asked many times if members can make larger or recurring donations. I've always been hesitant to accept that type of contribution because I didn't create our community for profit. But — despite being initially uncomfortable with it — I'm ready to accept larger donations and/or recurring subscriptions for the purpose of assisting myself in maintaining and bettering our community.

I want to be clear that I will always continue to pay for T3G myself, because I chose this way when I created it. So T3G isn't going anywhere. And I want to be extra clear that the website and forums will always be free for anyone to read and use. There will be no paywalls or expectations for members and guests to donate.

With that being said, the system allows a member to donate any dollar amount either once, multiple times, or automatically recurring intervals. After any type of donation, your account will immediately receive an array of perks. Just to be clear, Tacoma3G.com is a free resource community made by me, for you. Donations are not expected, nor are they required to view the information on the website or post in the forums.

Some of my favorite perks that were suggested multiple times are: custom build thread URLs, private classifieds with other trusted members, ability to use new website features early, ability to change website colors, access to the new instant chat box, and the built-in bookmarking system.

There are a lot of other little perks on top of those, which can be seen in the comparison chart on the donations page: Donations (https://tacoma3g.com/donations/).

Of course, the real incentive for donating is that you are directly supporting our awesome community by expanding my resources to continue to make it better. I put all funds back into the site via monthly server costs, giveaways, and new website features. More on that in the next section...

💻 Tacoma3G.com website & community in 2022

I have some neat things planned for us in 2022 and beyond.

Some of my neat things in the works are:
  • Communication between vendors and members will be overhauled in a few ways. Vendors' products, discounts, and purchase links will have a more prominent presence in the forums, for example.
  • Tacoma newbie/frequently asked questions and technical data pages (torque specs, etc.) are coming
  • A whole new home page (instead of it being the list of forums) with the most useful information, links, etc.
    • There will also be featured articles and interviews with our members and vendors, YouTuber spotlights, 4th gen Tacoma news, etc.
  • Buying and selling products will see an overhaul to make it work more like a marketplace with up-to-date listings
  • Some juicy giveaways that are not related to Rig of the Month
...and a lot more. It's time consuming!

If you're interested in this stuff, you can occasionally preview and test new website features here: Top-Secret Supporter Lounge.

🗓️ Rig of the Month is open for March!

This month's photo theme is "Marvelous Members of March"; submit a photo of your truck with you in the photo! If you're feeling extra marvelous, include your family/pets!

This month's main prize will be a $150 gift card to @Victory4x4, as well as: your photo on the homepage of the website for the remainder of the month, your photo in the 2022 Tacoma3G calendar, a Tacoma3G sticker, an entry into our Rig of the Year contest, an orange username, and a "Rig of the Month" badge under your username.

To enter, simply post one photo of your truck (fitting the theme) in this thread:

Thank you for taking the time to read my nonsense! As always, I encourage sharing your suggestions and concerns regarding our community in this thread.

This is a forum thread version of my monthly RotM newsletter for March 2022.

email3g.png

I'm reaching out about:
  • How you can help me develop our community as a T3G Supporter
  • What's to come for the Tacoma3G.com community in 2022
  • Our March Rig of the Month contest is open for entries

⚠️ Funding Tacoma3G.com (Update)

Last month I messaged many Tacoma3G members for advice about something I was hesitant to bring up: asking for donations to help me maintain our website. I received an overwhelming amount of feedback and wrote down all suggestions and concerns, then analyzed them against each other to find a reasonable approach to this.

A new "T3G Supporter" system has since been implemented based members' input. To reiterate on why I decided to ask for larger donations and/or recurring subscriptions, here is my "pitch" that I wrote to hopefully be as transparent as possible to the community:

With that being said, the system allows a member to donate any dollar amount either once, multiple times, or automatically recurring intervals. After any type of donation, your account will immediately receive an array of perks. Just to be clear, Tacoma3G.com is a free resource community made by me, for you. Donations are not expected, nor are they required to view the information on the website or post in the forums.

Some of my favorite perks that were suggested multiple times are: custom build thread URLs, private classifieds with other trusted members, ability to use new website features early, ability to change website colors, access to the new instant chat box, and the built-in bookmarking system.

There are a lot of other little perks on top of those, which can be seen in the comparison chart on the donations page: Donations (https://tacoma3g.com/donations/).

Of course, the real incentive for donating is that you are directly supporting our awesome community by expanding my resources to continue to make it better. I put all funds back into the site via monthly server costs, giveaways, and new website features. More on that in the next section...

💻 Tacoma3G.com website & community in 2022

I have some neat things planned for us in 2022 and beyond.

Some of my neat things in the works are:
  • Communication between vendors and members will be overhauled in a few ways. Vendors' products, discounts, and purchase links will have a more prominent presence in the forums, for example.
  • Tacoma newbie/frequently asked questions and technical data pages (torque specs, etc.) are coming
  • A whole new home page (instead of it being the list of forums) with the most useful information, links, etc.
    • There will also be featured articles and interviews with our members and vendors, YouTuber spotlights, 4th gen Tacoma news, etc.
  • Buying and selling products will see an overhaul to make it work more like a marketplace with up-to-date listings
  • Some juicy giveaways that are not related to Rig of the Month
...and a lot more. It's time consuming!

If you're interested in this stuff, you can occasionally preview and test new website features here: Top-Secret Supporter Lounge.

🗓️ Rig of the Month is open for March!

This month's photo theme is "Marvelous Members of March"; submit a photo of your truck with you in the photo! If you're feeling extra marvelous, include your family/pets!

This month's main prize will be a $150 gift card to @Victory4x4, as well as: your photo on the homepage of the website for the remainder of the month, your photo in the 2022 Tacoma3G calendar, a Tacoma3G sticker, an entry into our Rig of the Year contest, an orange username, and a "Rig of the Month" badge under your username.

To enter, simply post one photo of your truck (fitting the theme) in this thread:

Thank you for taking the time to read my nonsense! As always, I encourage sharing your suggestions and concerns regarding our community in this thread.
This is a great site with good people who actually care about others and are always willing to help those with questions and share experiences. Tyler has done a great service to us all putting this together and I will always support the good work that he does to keep this site, the great community of people that it is. I am glad to be a part of it and I appreciate everyone who shares their experiences and knowledge… Thank you.

I need to get myself a Tacoma3G Sticker to put on the rear window of my truck
I temporarily took them down for sale because I had to change the transaction system on the site last week. But if you PM me your shipping address I’ll mail one out since you made that donation already.

I temporarily took them down for sale because I had to change the transaction system on the site last week. But if you PM me your shipping address I’ll mail one out since you made that donation already.
Hey, that's cool! Can you let me know what the cost is to send it out? I can send another donation towards the shipping fees, no need for you to pay for it.

Hey, that's cool! Can you let me know what the cost is to send it out? I can send another donation towards the shipping fees, no need for you to pay for it.
The cost was covered by the donation you already made so don't worry about it. I'm working on new sticker ideas and t-shirts anyway.

Looking forward to hearing more about the T-Shirts, I'll definitely pick one up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back