• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Finally lifted my Taco, what lift are you guys running?

Sorry. Disregard. Edited. New here. Still learning.

Last edited:
I did bilstien 5100 in the front and bilstien 5160 for the rear (budget setup) but works tremendously well for the price. Tires I went with toyo open country (33s). Wheels I went with 17” icon rebound I went with these Because no one near me is running them :).

Hi Jesse anything else added to your lift besides this thing on your post?

Your truck looks pretty awesome
Would like to turn my truck like yours

King 2.5 EXT w/ compression adjusters (gives total 2.5" lift)
Total Chaos: UCA's, Spindle arm gussets, coil bucket gussets, alignment tabs
KarTek Limit Straps (10" front, 11" Rear)
SS Extended brake lines
Spidertrax 1.25" Spacers
Dakar HD Leaf Springs
unnamed.jpg

I did bilstien 5100 in the front and bilstien 5160 for the rear (budget setup) but works tremendously well for the price. Tires I went with toyo open country (33s). Wheels I went with 17” icon rebound I went with these Because no one near me is running them :).

The truck is lookin' good man!
So you just popped in Bilsteins, stock coils?
Any rubbing with that wheel/tire setup?

August 17th, I'll be getting the Bilstein 6112/5160 set up along with Falken AT3W 275/70/17 on Method MR701's. What ya’ll think?

The truck is lookin' good man!
So you just popped in Bilsteins, stock coils?
Any rubbing with that wheel/tire setup?
Thanks man :)! And yea I did lol no rubbing only offroad every so often if I have people in the truck and we get a little off camber that’s when u here it rub but as far as how others have complained about rubbing issues no,

August 17th, I'll be getting the Bilstein 6112/5160 set up along with Falken AT3W 275/70/17 on Method MR701's. What ya’ll think?
That’s a good setup if I could’ve afforded the 6112 at the time that’s what I would have gotten not a bad combo choice ?

That’s a good setup if I could’ve afforded the 6112 at the time that’s what I would have gotten not a bad combo choice ?

Did you add any other things with your set up or did you just get the 5100/5160’s while everything else was kept stock? And are you rubbing on 33’s?

Did you add any other things with your set up or did you just get the 5100/5160’s while everything else was kept stock? And are you rubbing on 33’s?
nothing else, just keep in mind though if u plan on adding bumpers/rtt/ or just more stuff onto the truck that’s going to add weight I’d highly recommend upgrading the springs and adding a leaf pack for the rear

nothing else, just keep in mind though if u plan on adding bumpers/rtt/ or just more stuff onto the truck that’s going to add weight I’d highly recommend upgrading the springs and adding a leaf pack for the rear

That’s what I’m planning to do later in the future. A tent would probably be next but idk if I want to add any bumpers. Kind of want to keep that OEM style for now. For changing the springs, is it just only for the rear? What springs do you recommend I could replace with the 6112/5160’s along with the leaf pack?

That’s what I’m planning to do later in the future. A tent would probably be next but idk if I want to add any bumpers. Kind of want to keep that OEM style for now. For changing the springs, is it just only for the rear? What springs do you recommend I could replace with the 6112/5160’s along with the leaf pack?
Yea u can do 6112 up front which I believe that one comes with a spring and 5160 with leaf pack ? there’s packages online that are usually very affordable if ur in the inland empire area or near by I can recommend u a good shop that can help u out with all that and install it

Yea u can do 6112 up front which I believe that one comes with a spring and 5160 with leaf pack ? there’s packages online that are usually very affordable if ur in the inland empire area or near by I can recommend u a good shop that can help u out with all that and install it

Yeah, the 6112 comes with a spring and I’m actually getting my parts and installments at ORW in El Cjaon. I was originally going to get it from TEmotorsports but they didn’t provide me warranty at their facility (warranty was only from the actual Bilstein company. Let’s say my
Shocks were to go bad/break, then I have to report it to bilstein, wait for a reply and wait another 4-8 weeks for it to ship to TE and pay labor for installment. ORW, provided service warranty at their facility for 2 years for the shocks, free tire rotations, oil changes, replacement of my tires if it were to pop or go, and wouldn’t have to pay for any labor cost. What shop do you recommend out there, I’ll check it out if I ever go back to that area.

Also, thanks for your advice/input. I’m new to the Tacoma/off-roading world, especially your videos be extremely helpful ??

ICON Stage 10
ICON S2 Secondary Bypass Shock System - Stage 3
ICON Rear Hydraulic Air Bumpstops
ICON 2.5" Extended Travel Remote CDCV Coilovers
ICON 700# Springs
ICON 2.5" Extended Travel Remote CDCV RXT Rear Shocks
ICON RXT Multi-Rate Leaf Springs Setting 2
ICON Billet Aluminum Delta Joint UCAs

***Update on my truck***

I got it lifted with Bilstein 6112/5160's and ended up going with the max lift in the front at 2.75" (looks like my truck is sagging in the back with that height). I'm going to drop it to 2.5" on my next appointment on Sept. 28. Instead of getting the Method MR701's, I got the SCS F5 Gunmetal with SCS red decal on Toyo Tires R/T 285/70/17 (no CMC and not even rubbing at all). I wasn't able to get the ARB twin compressor installed because ORW was running out of time since they were about to close. Also, instead of stock UCA's I'm getting Total Chaos FAB UCA's. Do you guys think it's a good idea to get UCA's on the lift kit I have right now? I've haven't seen anyone running aftermarket UCA's with Bilstein 6112/5160's.

I also haven't tested my truck off-road yet since I've been really busy going out to sea. After this week I'll be free for a good minute and will be heading to Joshua Tree for the weekend. I'll post some photos soon.

late to the thread, as always. i'm always a few steps behind in most things. directed at jesse....5100 front and 5160's rear along with the wheels and tires, what's a ball park price estimate on something like this? I've got the 19 trd off road. I'm looking for a nice 2" or less lift like yours but have no idea what price range i'm looking at. i'm also mechanically oriented and do just about everything myself. is this something an above average handyman can do to save labor costs? or is that discouraged for safety reasons?

King 2.5 EXT w/ compression adjusters (700lb 14" springs)
King 2.0 Hydro Bumps
Total Chaos UCA's
Total Chaos reinforcements: Spindle Gussets, alignment tabs, coil bucket gussets (double shears the UCA)
Kartek Limit straps 10"
No sway bar
sdfvsdfrsvdfv.jpg

Back