• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

T3G Feedback and questions about Tacoma3G.com - How can our community and website be better?

Having been a member of another forum as well as Facebook groups. This is the one site i actually feel laid back posting a question and expecting a good respectable answer. Especially if sometimes I am just thinking out loud and it may be a dumb question. So I would say for me personally I am more encouraged to post here versus discouraged.
I completely agree with you here and in the same boat.

Hey @Tyler. I just had a thought. Is there somewhere that we could add our build thread in our profile, other than in the signature? I don't know how many people actually use a signature, but I've often clicked on others' profiles looking for their build thread, but end up having to go to their old(est) post history to locate it. Maybe it can be linked in our side profile when we're in a thread like the IG link?

Hey @Tyler. I just had a thought. Is there somewhere that we could add our build thread in our profile, other than in the signature? I don't know how many people actually use a signature, but I've often clicked on others' profiles looking for their build thread, but end up having to go to their old(est) post history to locate it. Maybe it can be linked in our side profile when we're in a thread like the IG link?
This is a REALLY good idea and I actually have it on mine because I was testing it:

DB257FB5-D2CA-430F-9F03-387B1EBC9437.jpeg

I forgot I was testing until you just reminded me. Let me see if I can figure out how to put it in the posts by the post count area.

Should there be a minimum post count before you’re allowed to post something for sale? Idk why but for whatever reason it bothers me when someone’s only post is of them trying to unload crap

Should there be a minimum post count before you’re allowed to post something for sale? Idk why but for whatever reason it bothers me when someone’s only post is of them trying to unload crap
I have considered that. There are pros and cons to having one and not having one.

Like, even if they are just using the forum to unload their crap with no intention of ever coming back, it still allows you guys to see Tacoma stuff for sale that you otherwise might have missed out on.

Like, even if they are just using the forum to unload their crap with no intention of ever coming back, it still allows you guys to see Tacoma stuff for sale that you otherwise might have missed out on.

I think the possibility is that scammers come on an throw something up "for sale" and then take members money, I think that the minimum post count on some forums is to protect the members from scams

Haven’t visited TW since I found this site. Like others have said, I really appreciate the lack of negativity and bashing here. Many of us are learning as we go and the bashing is unnecessary. Don’t post a lot because I’m mostly looking for answers that may already be here. But have had more questions come up as I research new mods and will likely be posting more soon! Keep up the good work Tyler! Love this site!

Last edited:
I think the possibility is that scammers come on an throw something up "for sale" and then take members money, I think that the minimum post count on some forums is to protect the members from scams
If other members are unaware, the best way for protection is to do transactions through a PayPal Invoice when items need to be shipped, with the invoice being well described with what is being purchased/sold. At least you have some sort of protection through PayPal. I use to resell highly sought after sneakers through PayPal Invoices and many times, just mentioning that a transaction will occur that way, will scare off scammers. If anyone needs more details on how to do this, feel free to let me know.

Temporarily removing most of the colors from the thread prefixes as I revise them.

People who bought a sticker or patch have the “T3G Supporter” badge. I’ve never been a fan of that.

T3G Donor sounds like a medical thing.

T3G Benefactor, by definition, is perfect, but I think it sounds unusual.

T3G Patron is the same as above, but it reminds me of all the NSFW content sold on Patreon.

Should we just use Patron? Or can anyone think of something cool?

T3G Team Member or TG3 Family....... IDK hell I just want 37" tires?!?!

Or contributor.

Taquero/Taquera - one who makes and sells Tacos. In our case, we build our Tacos.

I like to create these threads a few times a year just to check in with you guys inform myself on how your forum experience has been. I have two questions...

1. What do you like about T3G? Why do you actively use this as your Tacoma forum of choice?

2. What is something that could be changed or added? Or anything else you'd like to bring up.

Thanks!

What I like about T3G is also the reason why it is my forum of choice, the environment here is productive, positive, insightful, helpful, welcoming, and just full of good people trying to help someone else.

Changed or added? Not sure at the moment.

I'm just going to second what Mr. Nobody said. I 100% agree.

EDIT: Actually I have one thing to add. I'd like to see more regional stuff. I'd love to go to a PNW meetup. Yeah, I know if I want to do that I should plan it myself but I'm busy! ;) I'd also like to see more activity on the PNW buy and sell section but, something about leading a horse to water.

1. What do you like about T3G? Why do you actively use this as your Tacoma forum of choice?
I love the community and how specific the topics are. I don't like bloat so having a niche forum is awesome.

2. What is something that could be changed or added? Or anything else you'd like to bring up.
The only frustration I've had is with the search. I dislike that it will exclude short words or common words. For example... I want to find out what oil people are using so I search 'Engine oil' and am met only with results pertaining to 'engine' which I'm sure you can see wouldn't be very helpful. There may be a way around this, but I am not aware of such black magic and would love to see it work without hoping somebody called it engine lubricant instead. For reals my only beef though. Love everything else!

I love the community and how specific the topics are. I don't like bloat so having a niche forum is awesome.

The only frustration I've had is with the search. I dislike that it will exclude short words or common words. For example... I want to find out what oil people are using so I search 'Engine oil' and am met only with results pertaining to 'engine' which I'm sure you can see wouldn't be very helpful. There may be a way around this, but I am not aware of such black magic and would love to see it work without hoping somebody called it engine lubricant instead. For reals my only beef though. Love everything else!
You're right about the search. That annoys me too. It is a technical limitation of the server, for some reason. But I will look into alternative search systems.

There is only one issue I have. And it might not even be a forum issue.

On mobile, which is my primary use of the site, trying to do a detailed explanation, the things jumps all over the place, deleting words/ sentences and it looks like I have a ton of grammar mistakes.

Even typing this, it’s removing words, jumping lines and not letting me space between words lol.

Spacing paragraphs also likes to lower case the first word and when you capitalize the first letter it will back space you the the previous paragraph. Lol if that makes sense.

Like I said. It might not even be this forum doing it, could be my phone.

There is only one issue I have. And it might not even be a forum issue.

On mobile, which is my primary use of the site, trying to do a detailed explanation, the things jumps all over the place, deleting words/ sentences and it looks like I have a ton of grammar mistakes.

Even typing this, it’s removing words, jumping lines and not letting me space between words lol.

Spacing paragraphs also likes to lower case the first word and when you capitalize the first letter it will back space you the the previous paragraph. Lol if that makes sense.

Like I said. It might not even be this forum doing it, could be my phone.
Are you using an iPhone?

Either way, I know exactly what you mean because that happens to me as well. I think there is a fix coming for this from the developers of the software that I use, within a few weeks. I mean, I hope they do. It drives me crazy too and there is nothing I can do about it.

Another thing that I can't change is the fact that you won't get push notifications if you're using an iPhone, but you will if you have an Android. Why? Idk, ask Apple.

Are you using an iPhone?

Either way, I know exactly what you mean because that happens to me as well. I think there is a fix coming for this from the developers of the software that I use, within a few weeks. I mean, I hope they do. It drives me crazy too and there is nothing I can do about it.

Another thing that I can't change is the fact that you won't get push notifications if you're using an iPhone, but you will if you have an Android. Why? Idk, ask Apple.

Yeah I’m in iPhone. It’s not a huge deal just takes times to fix lol

Yeah I’m in iPhone. It’s not a huge deal just takes times to fix lol
It gets me very frustrated. Hopefully they'll have that fixed. The update I'm talking about just went into beta today so it should be released within a week or so.

Back