• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Engine Codes

MJ'sTacoma

5️⃣ Platinum
Rig of the Month (2x)
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2018 SR5 DCSB Auto
Barcelona Red
2018 Toyota Tacoma 3.5L
I recently had my check engine light on, The truck was giving the following codes:
P0598 - Thermostat Heater Control Circuit Low
P0037 - O2 Sensor
P0057 - O2 Sensor
P0441 - EVAP System

I spent about two hours on google and found no info about these codes happening on other tacomas.
I replaced both O2 Sensors and the thermostat, reset the codes and nothing happened, Still had a check engine light.

Turns out it was an add-a-fuse I had in the main fuse box that was causing the ECM to have some sort of glitch.

I wanted to post this so anyone looking for those specific codes can check the fuse box before having to unnecessarily replace parts.

2018 Toyota Tacoma 3.5L
I recently had my check engine light on, The truck was giving the following codes:
P0598 - Thermostat Heater Control Circuit Low
P0037 - O2 Sensor
P0057 - O2 Sensor
P0441 - EVAP System

I spent about two hours on google and found no info about these codes happening on other tacomas.
I replaced both O2 Sensors and the thermostat, reset the codes and nothing happened, Still had a check engine light.

Turns out it was an add-a-fuse I had in the main fuse box that was causing the ECM to have some sort of glitch.

I wanted to post this so anyone looking for those specific codes can check the fuse box before having to unnecessarily replace parts.
Was it Raptor Lights? 😁
Shot you a message about the O2 sensors if you got stuck with them.

Upvote 0
It was the alpha rex headlights!

Upvote 0
Did you check all the wiring? Figure out what exactly caused it?
Removed the add a fuse, it was like magic, the wire seemed to be ok, no tears or chafing

Upvote 0
Efi no.4
It had a 5amp add a fuse

Upvote 0
Back