• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Dyslexia… I have it!

L

Lava road

possibly a ghost :(
Dyslexia is a leaning disability. No cure. Growing up to adulthood, I never knew why I struggled in schools and life. When I was about early 20’s , I saw a article about Dyslexia, I hit me…”That ME!

Today I have learn to live with it, and I have excepted this disability.
Trouble with spelling
Reversing numbers, letters,
Skipping words
Difficulty processing languages
And a few more, plus 4-7 types of Dyslexia

I enjoy all kind of forums, I enjoy reading other people posting, and sharing my thoughts.

In the past years, and it happen again! I got ridiculed, harass, condemn for my posting.
Yes my writings can be confusing! I know what I want to say. But when I start to type? It comes out differently .

I do apologize! I can’t fix it, NO cures for dyslexia. You don’t how many times I re-write every time and still it comes out incorrect….

If I offended you and everyone else.. “Sorry”. I would like to continue posting?
I am asking for your understanding of people with Dyslexia! Please read about Dyslexia? Maybe you have people around you , With dyslexia and are not aware?
Aloha

You have a unique style, for sure. But it's not a problem. My boss has trouble with numbers specifically and even synesthesia. She transposes numbers when typing and each one has a "color" in her mind. Brains are complicated, man! You didn't ask for this anyway so no one can blame you for it.

One thing to consider is modern life is an extremely recent invention. In terms of evolution, we're in uncharted territory. Written language, math, all that is not something we have a long history dealing with. Consider how we can effortlessly track moving targets with our eyes vs. trying to learn calculus. We are very adaptable, but we're also optimized for certain tasks.

Have you found any strategies for coping with it? I've heard of certain fonts helping people who have trouble reading, but like you said there's no cure.

Dyslexia is a leaning disability. No cure. Growing up to adulthood, I never knew why I struggled in schools and life. When I was about early 20’s , I saw a article about Dyslexia, I hit me…”That ME!

Trouble with spelling
Skipping words

I enjoy all kind of forums, I enjoy reading other people posting, and sharing my thoughts.

In the past years, and it happen again! I got ridiculed, harass, condemn for my posting.
Yes my writings can be confusing! I know what I want to say. But when I start to type? It comes out differently .

I do apologize! I can’t fix it, NO cures for dyslexia. You don’t how many times I re-write every time and still it comes out incorrect….

If I offended you and everyone else.. “Sorry”. I would like to continue posting?
I am asking for your understanding of people with Dyslexia! Please read about Dyslexia? Maybe you have people around you , With dyslexia and are not aware?
Aloha
Wow, thank you for sharing this. You didn't have to, but you did.

I have noticed this in your posts. Although they can be confusing, they're always understandable to me and it's clear your posts are relevant and genuine. I can imagine how frustrating it would be to be harassed on forums for your disability, on top of how harsh some forums can be in the first place. Hopefully that hasn't happened to you on this forum. If you do feel like this is a problem on this forum, what can I do to help? Would you like a note under your username or in your signature or something?

I would like to continue posting?
Please do! You create a lot of discussion with all the threads you make and I enjoy reading them.

Yes, Please ! If there is a way we all can improve and better ourselves. If by changing our “font” will help everyone including myself, I am for it!
The “greatest gift” is giving ! This forum is a gift , because we are all here sharing and helping each other!
No going back, “FONT wards”
Aloha

Yes, Please ! If there is a way we all can improve and better ourselves. If by changing our “font” will help everyone including myself, I am for it!
The “greatest gift” is giving ! This forum is a gift , because we are all here sharing and helping each other!
No going back, “FONT wards”
Aloha
Is there a font or font size that works best for you?

Fonts and Dyslexia? I google a few reports, studies, and I gather that fonts is a yes and no that it helps?
Found there is a list of 10 suggested fonts.

Dyslexia is not a visual impairment. We have a problem decoding & memorize spellings
Dyslexia affects 12% of the worlds population. Some reports up to 20% of the population?
People with learning disabilities Dyslexia affects 80-90% .
Some of the brightest people can have Dyslexia
Aloha

Trouble with spelling
Skipping words

Aloha
LavaRoad embrace who you are. It's all good. Those that don't understand are missing out.

I would like to thank everyone for your understanding and support. Awareness’s is good and maybe you have a family member or friends who may not beware? Share the info’s.

4x4’s is a passion, mainly use to go shoreline fishing where most people cannot reach. 4Wheeling since 1975? Still love doing it.
Aloha

Back