• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Door still…home made..?

L

Lava road

possibly a ghost :(
Looking for a great durable door still ? On Amazon prime…There is a product call : Resilia- Silver plastic floor runner/ protecter, 27” by 6 foot long ( $29.99)…looks like diamond plates…aprox 1/16 thick…
I just received it…looks easy to cut, I may use contact cement…apply on door still and product let dry ( tacky) follow instructions…contact cement holding power..is huge..
Go to Amazon and see if this product will meet your needs?

Easy to work with….east cut to fit…then glue….
I may use a razor blade knife…and scissors for cutting the curves/ ends…. Just got my contact cement and brushes…

Seems better then those vinyl stickers? And May last longer…looks heavy duty…! And strong..

Just cut the rear driver side door…door still…WOW…looks like real diamond plating…! Now to cut the rest and glue down….
Super cool! This MOD is awesome looking!
Aloha

Sorry I do not know how? Very confuse on how to post pictures…
I just install it on on 4 doors…will glue them tomorrow..
Front length 38 inches. , back door length 27 inches, best to cut a little wider, and trim with scissors…easy to cut and trim..for to the curves…if cutting shorted lengths it will be straighter…I prefer the longer ..
Note : enough materials for maybe three Tacoma’s…buy with a friend to save cost..
Worth getting and doing….remember it is plastic,it will get scratched…but can alway be remove and replaced
It is a “WOW” factor…
I may use this on top of my coolers..and other things…looks Super Cool! I would add this as one of 10 best MODS..anyone can do!
Go to Amazon ..zoom in, this may give you of what it looks like…but the real thing lay out on the door stills…”WOW “ ….
Aloha,
2019 Tacoma 4x4 TRD LB ….fully armored ( even rear diff skid plates…RCI). , except for the shocks…

Will the MODS ever end? And for all of us? Never I think? …always something new or newer comes out….lol
This is a very cheap mod…that adds a nice aggressive look! Especially when they open your doors….then everyone will want one too…lol

Last edited by a moderator:
My bad, I thought you installed them already and knew how to upload pictures. Are you talking about this stuff? It looks pretty cool, actually. Does it smell or stretch at all? It might make a good covering for a rear seat delete cargo deck, too. I see what you mean, lots of uses!

As for pictures, I upload stuff from my phone into Google Drive, then on my PC just drag the file into the browser window and it will upload it.

About whether mods will end, I doubt it. I like to work with my hands and there are way too many opportunities for that with this truck. I'm only just getting started but I can tell this is a very tall slippery slope. No regrets!

Gotta post a pic! If you click the picture icon it will let you upload it.
It will upload to the site or you can host it somewhere else. (snipboard.io)

Can code it to display directly or just post the link.

tWE4eq.jpg

Thank you “Dirtboy2009”….this is exactly what I use…
note: I decided to use Shoe Glue…works just fine…
Maybe when someone do try this Metallic silver, diamond plate they can add a pictures…
I like the way they came out…! I am positive you will like them…plus you can glue them anywhere…
Maybe on a 1/4 plywood..glue this on top and mount to inside tailgate? Another homemade cheap MOD…
Aloha,

2nd week…it really changes the looks when you open the doors , looks like real diamond plates…..giving you a heavy duty look! Easy to clean….everyone notices it!
Worth doing! Plus the left over pieces can be se anywhere you want that diamond plates looks…
Aloha

Still no photos? On your phone use the "Attach files" button below the message field.

Use shoe glue..I over cut..was nice and smooth…I left a lip hoping to cover edge…to protect the round edge…until I close the doors, lol , but I am ok with it.. beside going off roading ..I use my truck on the Coffee farm…dirty, sometimes muddy, easy to clean …
Thanks to another poster..”bonifacio”. I now know how to post pictures…see on the bottom “click Attach files”…press Add…

I know..i am sure many of you will be able to do a lot better! …this material has many other uses…
Aloha

Attachments

• 5ED62C1E-D076-44D0-BB5C-441F3516709C.jpeg
    5ED62C1E-D076-44D0-BB5C-441F3516709C.jpeg
    190.4 KB · Views: 45
  • 4A3E9896-21B1-437D-977E-3BE55E47DEAD.jpeg
    4A3E9896-21B1-437D-977E-3BE55E47DEAD.jpeg
    181.4 KB · Views: 43
Last edited by a moderator:
Back