• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Did you guys see the Jeep crash in Moab (EJS 2019)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler

🔟 Mythical
Badministrator
Volunteer T3G Editor
Reaction score
Website
tacoma3g.com
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Quicksand
2019-Easter-Jeep-Safari-Accident-JL-American-Jeeper-780x405.png

Have you guys seen this? Before it crashed, it ran over two people. The people involved have serious injuries including one person losing a leg. Apparently he throttled too hard to get over something he got hung up on. People on the internet/his Instagram are being extreme assholes.

What do you make of it? To me, no one is at fault. But even if it is somehow at fault, the last thing he probably needs are the comments he is getting. I can imagine what that feels like on top of what is already happening.

Have you guys seen this? Before it crashed, it ran over two people. The people involved have serious injuries including one person losing a leg. Apparently he throttled too hard to get over something he got hung up on. People on the internet/his Instagram are being extreme assholes.

What do you make of it? To me, no one is at fault. But even if it is somehow at fault, the last thing he probably needs are the comments he is getting. I can imagine what that feels like on top of what is already happening.
Horrible thing , and people be douches om the net .but safety is priority 1 at all times and no one no one should be around you when maneuvering an obstacle, the only person aloud should be the spotter and THATS IT . I see a lot of people wanting to be looky lues and want a photo or video while your trying to climb something , i have seen to many people standing around a winch line during a recovery.

People need to stay clear at all times
Driver/bystanders need to have personal awareness of there surroundings
No one should be in the danger zone ,no driver should move a inch if people are close
Trail safety is always important and should be discussed with your crew prior to hitting the trail

Last edited:

I have seen the pics on a few jeep pages. I do agree with both of you. I don’t think the guy deserves the internet critics. I believe it sucks that it happened and I’m sure he did not want this to happen. He’s gonna feel guilty the rest of his life. The driver should have been aware of bystanders and not try to gun it with them around. To much throttle is never good, you cannot control the outcome sometimes.

When your in an offroad park, it is “enter at your own risk” and you accept the responsibility of being aware and proactive at all times. It is horrible for all involved.

It would be one thing to be flying around, being stupid, than to be trying to get over an obstacle and loosing control. I’ve bumped things and got a few extra scratches on rigs from that happening ?‍♂️

Last edited:
I saw the pic but didn't know the back story.

Sucks to hear about the injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back